Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A REAL wireless charging pad for the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also this... was able to use 2 usb ports and Nomad concurrently.

Nice! Thank you for this vid! I did the same thing, bought 2 Y USB Splitter cables and thought it would work. When using just one Splitter, Nomad charger worked fine. When hooking it up to 2 of the Splitters, it did not. I'm glad you found a workaround! I will purchase a simple hub or some sort to have a similar setup as yours.

Quick Aside: impressive one-handed USB plugging! It feels like I almost always have the USB in the wrong direction and have to try a few times before getting it to plug in. You were doing it one handed and on the first try!

Although I am using the EVAnnex charging pad, so you results may vary...
Dual Qi Wireless Phone Charger for Tesla Model 3
Just received this Handy Hub from Amazon ~$10 it works! Very compact! Both charging pads simultaneously charging (tested with 2 iphoneXs) and flash drive works as DashCam. Haven’t tested the 3rd port for music.
Onvian 3 Port USB Hub High Speed Splitter Plug and Play Bus Powered-Upgrade Version https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071JTSMVQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_LvNWBbQ94TWHG
DE8DD63A-E604-47AB-BA1D-594F6FE50FE4.jpeg

83C71031-4024-4B13-B48B-180FCA74F9BF.jpeg
95EED30F-2BB8-4F30-BB94-8169099DBBCA.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: voip-ninja
Although I am using the EVAnnex charging pad, so you results may vary...
Dual Qi Wireless Phone Charger for Tesla Model 3
Just received this Handy Hub from Amazon ~$10 it works! Very compact! Both charging pads simultaneously charging (tested with 2 iphoneXs) and flash drive works as DashCam. Haven’t tested the 3rd port for music.
Onvian 3 Port USB Hub High Speed Splitter Plug and Play Bus Powered-Upgrade Version https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071JTSMVQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_LvNWBbQ94TWHG
View attachment 343577
View attachment 343572 View attachment 343573
Have you tried using two of them at the same time?

Has anyone tried the Nomad or the Jeda with a phone case? I've got an S7 with the two piece Otterbox case (the rubber layer with the hard plastic shell).

Thick cases like that can cause problems for any wireless charging solution. Does your case work with a regular wireless charger? My wife has the iPhone Xs Max and it charges no problem on the Nomad in the Apple folio case.

Does your case work with a regular wireless charger?
I've never tried another wireless charger so I've no idea. I do know that it won't work with the charging cable either though since the case has a flap over the port that opens to the rear of the phone so it won't fit over it the wired way. I guess I'l try it and it if it doesn't work go without the case or get a different one.

Good News (save $99!) I live in the Bay Area and last weekend left my credit card on top of skyline boulevard. I found that on the way back (going up and down La Honda Road), my phone was flying all over the car, under the accelerator pedal, deep in the passenger wheel-well - Everywhere! I eventually secured my phone with the charging cable. A wireless charging pad would be a bad idea in this situation : the car is too much fun to drive around corners!

So what is this about nomad no longer including a battery in their charger and yet they are still charging the same price?
I ordered but haven’t received mine yet. Seems kind of like a bate and switch if they advertise a battery at the time I ordered but then remove it before they fulfill my order. At the least it seems like there should be a price reduction since they are no longer including a battery.

So what is this about nomad no longer including a battery in their charger and yet they are still charging the same price?
I ordered but haven’t received mine yet. Seems kind of like a bate and switch if they advertise a battery at the time I ordered but then remove it before they fulfill my order. At the least it seems like there should be a price reduction since they are no longer including a battery.
does it look just like this one?
Wireless Phone Charger / Pad for Tesla Model 3

where did you read about that?

where did you read about that?
I just checked their website and they do say that they are now selling a gen 2 version without the battery. They state that a firmware upgrade has increased the output of the USB ports so that they charge at the exact same rate without the battery. They have replaced the battery with a metal weight. Has anyone heard of the V9 update (or any other update) that increases the current output of these usb ports? I agree that they should reduce the price. I've been on the fence about ordering and now i'm leaning against ordering.