Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Abandoned Model S at Huebner Oaks San Antonio, TX Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this at the San Antonio I-10 Supercharger and it just about made me cry... 😭😭😭 Almost the exact car I have on order except it isn't a Plaid. Story is that it was abandoned somewhere and they had a wreaker bring it over to charge but couldn't unplug since they didn't have a key. Tesla Power technicians had to cut off the charging cable and contacted the owner registered to the VIN. Owner said to have it towed to the nearest service center. Got to be more to this story...

The damage to the passenger rear wheel and rim looked bad.

The dirt was so thick that some of the Tesla owners charging there decided to draw on it...

IMG_0981.jpeg

IMG_0984.jpeg

IMG_0983.jpeg

IMG_0985.jpeg

IMG_0986.jpeg

My guess... international spy. Was being chased by the opposing agents, but running low on battery. Stopped for charging and a shootout.

During the gun fight, someone lobbed a grenade. The explosion threw a large amount of soil into the air, which covered the car.

Ultimately, the spy was captured and hauled away in a van with no windows and fake plates. Fortunately spies are very wealthy, because now he owes many thousands in idle fees... which he will gladly pay if he survives the waterboarding.

Hopefully, even under truth serum, he doesn't give up the location of the next gigafactory to the GM torturers.
This 100%!

Reactions: Alex Philips
My guess... international spy. Was being chased by the opposing agents, but running low on battery. Stopped for charging and a shootout.

During the gun fight, someone lobbed a grenade. The explosion threw a large amount of soil into the air, which covered the car.

Ultimately, the spy was captured and hauled away in a van with no windows and fake plates. Fortunately spies are very wealthy, because now he owes many thousands in idle fees... which he will gladly pay if he survives the waterboarding.

Hopefully, even under truth serum, he doesn't give up the location of the next gigafactory to the GM torturers.
This is real? I saw this movie, I thought it was bulls***!

-Christofah Moltisanti

That is strange for the US. If this was Dubai, it'd be pretty normal with the amount of abandoned cars there like litter.

It's kind of surprising though no tried to claim the abandoned car, that is from the registered owner who clearly doesn't give a five about it.

• Disagree
Reactions: agaladari
I’ll make a guess. Car was stolen somehow, without the fob (maybe a hack like using one of those 2-way amplifiers seen in Europe that relay the fob signal over an extended distance or it was just left unlocked close enough to a fob).

Car will continue driving without a fob once started.

Pulled in to get a charge.

Car has to be put into park to charge, which meant it couldn’t be driven again without the fob.

If they closed the doors, it would lock. Sat there long enough to discharge completely…

Not that far fetched…

Or it was the martians from that Berlin rave ;-)
Very plausible, but I was also at that Supercharger on Saturday on my way into San Antonio and it wasn't there. Got there either on Sunday or Monday early...

Hahahaha, that is awesome! I'm going with it!

I did a bit more digging and got on the Facebook Tesla Owners of San Antonio Texas group and found some where some other people were posting about it. Looks like it was being driven by a prisoner and was impounded!

License: RKD 5390
VIN: 5YJSA1E50MF430523

View attachment 791130
Roof over their head, 3 meals a day…. And now they also get Tesla’s?

Time to go to prison!

Crap, like Dune, have to wait for another movie to finish it

This doesn't pass the sniff test...Tesla can remotely unlock and disengage the charger port lock. There is no reason Tesla would cut the cable like that. I am guessing it was someone else that cut the cable...
I didn't sniff him, but the Tesla Power technician claims he cut it off and replaced the cable on the supercharger with a new one. Could be other reasons why they did this vs. the remote unlock. For all we know, the car is bricked and the supercharge didn't work.

• Funny
Reactions: byeLT4