Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About white interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The white interior requires more clean up than the black, and it is true that more chance to get stained. My car is about a year old. Please, see the attached the driver side seat cushion cover ( it can be wiped off with wet tissue though)
My back middle seat stained from the day one, but I didn’t notice it when I pick up the car.
View attachment 534210 View attachment 534211

My driver seats look like this as well. Anyone know how to clean this? I've tried soap and warm water and its pretty good but the fade is still there a bit

I've done so much research on this; that I'm over thinking about it and need my M3 to arrive already (scheduled for Friday).

As previous posters had said, my wife was against it from the start and remains wary of the white interior, but I managed to convince me to trust her and go along with it. In the end, if you like it, then get over the anxiety of it possibly getting dirty and get it - yeah you'll have to clean it every once in a while, but that's a good thing.

I do have the Gyeon Q2 Ceramic Coating that many have recommended ready to apply to protect the seats and it will be the first thing I do when the M3 finally arrives.

The following threads and video have been useful for me:
White interior regrets? | Tesla
Premium White Interior, regrets?

One benefit to the white that hasn't yet been mentioned is that it gives the interior a more spacious feel. September 2018 3P @ 12.5k miles and no issues so far. But I don't let anyone eat in my car and have seat back protectors because I sometimes have 7-8 year olds in the back seat. No amount of yelling or non-witnessed physical abuse stops children from putting their soccer cleats on by pressing them against the back of the front seats.

Of course, I'm totally kidding about physical abuse ... if you're in law enforcement.

My driver seats look like this as well. Anyone know how to clean this? I've tried soap and warm water and its pretty good but the fade is still there a bit
I use Gyeon leather cleaner mild (there's a strong version to).
You should spray the product on a soft leather brush, apply it gently and then wipe it with a microfiber towel. Afterwards I would apply a coating (Gyeon shield) and you don't have to worry much longer.

Love the white, no regrets!

27,000 miles on our white interior with no special protectants. So, so glad we chose white over black. Makes the car a bright, cheerful place to be. We are child free and almost never have anyone in the back. However, the car is used almost exclusively for road trips, so many meals are consumed in the car while traveling.

We clean and vacuum weekly and have not detected any degradation or damage. Once there was some slight dye transfer from a new pair of black shorts that we were able to clean up.

We carry a set terry cloth throw over seat covers in the lower trunk as part of our road kit in case we get dirty.

Our last car was silver with a grey interior. Hated it! What a depressing place to be! Blah car, blah interior.

My work vehicles have black interiors. Its very easy to lose/misplace things in a black interior. I have to carefully check at the end shift to make sure I’m note leaving anything behind.

We’ll be choosing white from now on!

Reactions: elf9
Hello all,

I wanted to get a thought around how the white interior holds up.
Does it get dirty very easily?
Would blue jeans transfer pigment to the white seat?

For those who currently have a white interior, would you choose the same if you build yours with the white one again?

Any comments would be helpful. :)
Hello all,

I wanted to get a thought around how the white interior holds up.
Does it get dirty very easily?
Would blue jeans transfer pigment to the white seat?

For those who currently have a white interior, would you choose the same if you build yours with the white one again?

Any comments would be helpful. :)
100k miles. 2016 Model X. White interior looks like new. Would order again in a heartbeat

Reactions: MJP.P3D-
I had to get black because I couldn't risk letting young Grandkids loose on white, however I much prefer the white so when they're more responsible (?) & I change cars again, I would choose that every time.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the classier looking white door trims compared to the downmarket suede grey versions on the black interior. The only thing I really don't like about my car.

I've only had my car for about a month and I've been so impressed with the white interior, I'm so glad I didn't settle for the black interior. A lot of people are saying that they wen't with black because it doesn't show dirt that easily, my argument is that so it's because you don't see it easily doesn't mean it's "clean", while the white interior lets you see it easily, it also gives you a chance to clean it right away. Car got so many compliments - Blue/White/19". Huge plus is that now when it's warming up here in the Bay Area, helps to keep the interior temp lower compared to black interior.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
The black interior DOES show anything that is light coloured, I constantly clean out the seat seams & it's surprising how much gets in there even though we have never eaten in the car. Likewise there are sometimes greasy looking or matt marks on the seats & just as with white, non-alcohol baby wipes clean back as new.

Neither colour is better - I just think white LOOKS the best (even though mine is black!)

I've only had my car for about a month and I've been so impressed with the white interior, I'm so glad I didn't settle for the black interior. A lot of people are saying that they wen't with black because it doesn't show dirt that easily, my argument is that so it's because you don't see it easily doesn't mean it's "clean", while the white interior lets you see it easily, it also gives you a chance to clean it right away. Car got so many compliments - Blue/White/19". Huge plus is that now when it's warming up here in the Bay Area, helps to keep the interior temp lower compared to black interior.

Black seats show white dirt and white seats show black dirt. Dirt comes in different colors, so you are right, their argument is invalid.

In reality, everyone that bought a Model 3 with black interior should receive an extra government stimulus check to make up for missing out on the amazing white interior every single miserable day they have to get in their car. It's only fair.

Last edited: