Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ABRP mobile app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Neilio

Jul 8, 2020
Brentford
I know a lot of people use the website but does anyone use the mobile app for ABRP? It seems a little buggy to me, mine crashed a lot yesterday.

Also I think it's quite a resource hog. Even on a wireless charger, plugged in through the usb-c socket, the battery slowly drained whilst running ABRP, when I switched to waze the battery charged. Albeit slowly

I know a lot of people use the website but does anyone use the mobile app for ABRP? It seems a little buggy to me, mine crashed a lot yesterday.

Also I think it's quite a resource hog. Even on a wireless charger, plugged in through the usb-c socket, the battery slowly drained whilst running ABRP, when I switched to waze the battery charged. Albeit slowly
I’ve tried the app a few times, but always found it buggy. I’ve always reverted to using the website.

Reactions: Neilio
I use the iOS app almost exclusively vs the website. I honestly haven't had any issues with crashes or anything. The only bug I notice is occasionally when going "back" to the destination picker the map zooms way out. Not a big deal to me. Other than that I love using it on an iPhone and iPad.

I’ve only been using ABRP for about 6 weeks now, primarily to assist a trip to the Scottish Highlands. It was absolutely amazing for calculating the SOC required on departure and also en-route charging required etc. It worked flawlessly, however yesterday it was a real nightmare on the iOS app, continually going to a white screen after pressing the route calculator button.

is there a problem with IOS 14 compatibility?

I’ve only been using ABRP for about 6 weeks now, primarily to assist a trip to the Scottish Highlands. It was absolutely amazing for calculating the SOC required on departure and also en-route charging required etc. It worked flawlessly, however yesterday it was a real nightmare on the iOS app, continually going to a white screen after pressing the route calculator button.

is there a problem with IOS 14 compatibility?
I've been running it for months on iOS 14 developer builds and now GM. I think I've seen that a few times, but not often. Killing the app and restarting sorted it and it always saved my settings from where I left off. I should note that I am a paid subscriber to ABRP and also logged into both ABRP and have it connected to my Tesla via api. So that is probably the best for saving the settings, etc.

Wow,

just, wow. I love to way in the add ti shows the ability to watch netflix and youtube. Something you can do on the bigger, more conveniently placed screen above the iPad.
And can you do that on the more conveniently placed screen while driving for the front passenger to watch? How well does the more conveniently placed screen work with ABRP? Can you split view both ABRP and the NAV on the more conveniently placed screen to see both at the same time?

• Disagree
Reactions: Neilio
I decided to play about with the IOS App to see if I could find a pattern to my white screen bugging. I found it happened every time I tried to navigate directly to a Tesla SC. I just downloaded the latest Apple update and confirm this issue looks at this point to be fixed.

Fingers crossed!

Reactions: m3gt2
Question for those that use the app, do you pay for the premium subscription? I've played about a few times on the website but never used the app (though it is on my phone!). I do use the cars navigation but it's not the best! I've been thinking of getting an iPad mini and fitting the replacement charging mat cover where they can sit in. Has anyone else got this and how do you find driving with the navigation so low down? Also do you find it much better than the cars navigation, or Waze/Google?