Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here we go.....

Yet another feature that increases the value of the car that you can get insurance on if its totaled.....or can you?

Does this option stay with the car when you sell it...or.....?

Good question. My guess is that if the car was totaled and it was my fault or no fault my insurance company would not cover upgrades or modifications. This would include things like paint correction and ceramic coating as well.

But if it were entirely the other driver's fault I would pursue them for the full cost to replace the car including all modifications, and I would likely be able to get the full amount from them. But it would be a long drawn out negotiation with threats of a lawsuit before they conceded.

Good question. My guess is that if the car was totaled and it was my fault or no fault my insurance company would not cover upgrades or modifications. This would include things like paint correction and ceramic coating as well.

But if it were entirely the other driver's fault I would pursue them for the full cost to replace the car including all modifications, and I would likely be able to get the full amount from them. But it would be a long drawn out negotiation with threats of a lawsuit before they conceded.

I can see it now. Allstate is going to look at this upgrade like they look at my Unlimited Supercharging.

Although....maybe not - since this upgrade actually has a price tag to it.

Would be a great way for Tesla to sell some more fsd packages, include a 10% power increase with the package, since it doesn’t look like fsd in town will be released by the end of the year like Elon said it would be.

That is probably closer to a 20-25% power upgrade since it is a 10% 0-60 upgrade (so .4 to .5s increase depending on model). The last 5% power upgrade increased 0-60 by ~0.1s