Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I must be out of touch. The difference was much more when I bought my P3D-.

In 2018 when the P3D- was "on menu" it was between a 9-11k price bump from AWD to P3D- (depending exactly when you bought)

But those P3D- owners also got a $5000 refund- so really could've been as little as 4k difference.

In 2019 when the P3D- began coming back as an off-menu inventory-only option the AWD->P3D- difference was only 2k (and has remained that way all year)

Reactions: M109Rider
Appears not, AWD 4.4 to 3.9 according to the source code reported in another thread
Is there a thread that shows the source code? I have LR RWD. I do have the note about acceleration on the upgrade page. When I look at the source code for that page I only see reference to the self driving upgrades, so it would be interesting to see how the source code of an AWD differs.

Reactions: GuyDude
Is there a thread that shows the source code? I have LR RWD. I do have the note about acceleration on the upgrade page. When I look at the source code for that page I only see reference to the self driving upgrades, so it would be interesting to see how the source code of an AWD differs.

For AWD owners wanting a P3D-

Starts with post 1452, there's follow up too as the code seems to be updating real-time

3D44F7E5-0894-4D17-A787-680C68E2CE00.jpeg
I don’t see the option on my LR-RWD ( because I already have FSD)

On my wife’s SR+ I see the language for the power boost. See attached!

if available I will add it to both of our model 3’s

I concur!

Is this visibility only for people who already got their VINs assigned?....because I havent

the source code (that shows 2k price for example) is visible to anyone

the one-line disclaimer mentioning the SW version needed for "acceleration" upgrade is only visible to existing owners (delivered car) that does not have FSD- because it only appears on the "buy FSD" page.

Reactions: Sweet OJ and 6thDAY