Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may already have been answered (I couldn't find it), but what about cars ordered AFTER the boost was announced? I just ordered a LR model yesterday. Will the boost be incorporated in the new car, or will I still have to pay for it extra?
I believe you have to pay extra. AWD is AWD, and it has the option as an "upgrade" in the app to purchase the boost. Much like Full Self Driving would be an option.

This may already have been answered (I couldn't find it), but what about cars ordered AFTER the boost was announced? I just ordered a LR model yesterday. Will the boost be incorporated in the new car, or will I still have to pay for it extra?

You still have to pay to play if you want this option.
If you want to finance it with the cost of the car, you could ask your dealer if you can add it now before delivery, not sure if that has ever been done?

Might wanna talk to a sales person and see if they can find you a P3D- instead- it'd be the same 2k for double the boost plus track mode, though you might not get your exact choice of color/wheels

I just ordered a LR model yesterday.

talk to a sales person and see if they can find you a P3D- instead- it'd be the same 2k for double the boost plus track mode

Yes, unless you are in a rush, or really picky about having a white interior or a particular color, this $2k is better spent on a 3P Stealth. You get more power than with the $2k boost, track mode, and it looks like you get a tiny bit better efficiency too.

The sales person will probably tell you that they will never make these vehicles again (and they could equally well be wrong or right, it is like a coin toss). But if you're not in a rush, it is definitely worth waiting to see what happens. There's no tax credit to worry about anymore.

Also, if delivery is imminent for you (no idea whether they are shipping cars to US right now, or whether they are shipping them all back to Europe), if I were you, I would postpone delivery & payment for at least a couple more weeks to see what happens with prices. There's a fairly high chance of price adjustment in the next few weeks, and they are likely to go down, due to the lack of the $1875 tax credit. No idea what the adjustment will be or where it will be applied, if at all.

You don't have to cancel the order; you can just tell them to postpone the delivery because you're unavailable or whatever. You can do that for quite a while. And in the meantime you can wait to see what shows up in the Stealth department. They want to sell you a car, and if you demand a Stealth...

An no white interior as I don't believe any Stealth's have White interiors.

Well that makes me feel a lot better about not getting a Stealth. I personally have to have the white interior. I love it compared to the black interior, and I personally value the interior appearance more than another 1/2 sec of acceleration on a car that can already walk just about anything on the road.

But I have to admit, after watching a YouTube video today of a Stealth walking on the AWD+, it initially made me feel like picking up the phone to call Tesla and tell them I will pay whatever it costs to trade in my AWD for a Stealth or Performance.

But then I remembered that the X and S Performance will walk all over the M3 Stealth and Performance. So I would feel pretty stupid paying for that upgrade just to get walked by a mom driving an SUV.

I'll stick with my AWD and be very happy.

It’s an option that you can add after you take delivery. Once the car shows in your Tesla account you should see the option.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ

It costs extra. But, if you haven’t had delivery of your car yet, you should ask if there are any Stealth a.k.a. P3D- available. They also cost $2k extra, but you get all the way to P3D performance times for acceleration, plus track mode. They are the Animal Style of Tesla (off menu item).

• Informative
Reactions: CAVol
The two options that are mostly mentioned is either a "+" emblem or a chrome line beneath the Dual Motor text on the trunk (similar to the red performance line).
Personally, I would greatly prefer a chrome line since it comes off more subtle and clean. I can't stand the "+" since it looks so unfinished and seems like something undefined.
The only option "for sale" that I'm aware is the "+," No chrome or other lines, etc.

The two options that are mostly mentioned is either a "+" emblem or a chrome line beneath the Dual Motor text on the trunk (similar to the red performance line).
Personally, I would greatly prefer a chrome line since it comes off more subtle and clean. I can't stand the "+" since it looks so unfinished and seems like something undefined.
Do you have any links to the “+” you mentioned to purchase? Thanks!

Even though I ordered the chrome "+," just to see, I think I would prefer a chrome underline. I found glossy and flat black "Dual Motor" underlined emblems for $15, but no nothing with the right length chrome underline. Ok, "GO".... who can find one first! :p