Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just posted this on the Dragy app leaderboard, but I wanted to get some testing before I purchase the boost upgrade, but after the free 5% upgrade.

59 degrees ambient temp, warm battery (not dots) 72% SoC.

View attachment 495313
Great numbers! expecially without 2K upgrade.
I have Dragy too and there are 3 concerns on your log.
1) Strange spike to 1G of acceleration (typical of P3D), and the "over to 0.5G" it's maintained strong , much more than others log I saw.
2) the near 3 tenth difference between the one foot time and the one without.
3) the Speed line has not the typical slope expecially at the beginning .
I never tried a road with a such a strange slope, I'd try again with 90% SOC and a different road.

Last edited:
From the testing I've seen of draggy vs vbox vs the timing lights at a "real" track draggy is usually closer to the track results.

If that's "better" or not varies I suppose. Vbox is used more commonly by car mags in part because it has existed longer.

• Informative
Reactions: M109Rider
Great numbers! expecially without 2K upgrade.
I have Dragy too and there are 3 concerns on your log.
1) Strange spike to 1G of acceleration (typical of P3D), and the "over to 0.5G" it's maintained strong , much more than others log I saw.
2) the near 3 tenth difference between the one foot time and the one without.
3) the Speed line has not the typical slope expecially at the beginning .
I never tried a road with a such a strange slope, I'd try again with 90% SOC and a different road.
Not sure, the issue is where I live is very hilly and trying to find a good road is tough. There's a road with a stop sign that I would have thought to be flat, and straight, but turns out it's more then -1% slope so those runs came back invalid.

Acceleration Boost still not available as upgrade on website, but did speak with Support who recognized the problem and forwarded to another department. I do have Track Mode now for some reason. Think it happened in recent update. I received about 10 updates over last month and a half.

You have Track Mode but no Boost? That’s an odd combo. This is for a regular Dual Motor with no red underline on the screen?

Sounds like it’s time to play around with it for a bit until it gets removed!

Acceleration Boost still not available as upgrade on website, but did speak with Support who recognized the problem and forwarded to another department. I do have Track Mode now for some reason. Think it happened in recent update. I received about 10 updates over last month and a half.

10 updates, lol. Just tell them to tick all the feature boxes and you will be good to go. ;)

In the Tesla app on your phone, on the main screen if you scroll all the way down, do you see Dual Motor with a red underline? Or just Dual Motor?

Good luck to you, I just tried to get the record and only managed 3.56s. If I can ever get the battery warm, maybe I’ll have a shot. Plus my heavy 19” winter wheels aren’t helping.

There’s a 1.7degree slop difference in our times. I know I can do it. I’ve been hiking up ski mountains to prepare!