Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new LR AWD (with towing) in Ireland and I always intended to purchase the acceleration boost after purchase.
Just picked it up Friday and I have EAP showing in upgrades but not Acceleration Boost.
Car was delivered with 2019.36.2.1 and I upgraded it early Saturday morning to 2020.4.2 but still nothing showing.

Anyone have an idea what might be going on?

Did you get a unicorn (aka paid for AWD, got P3D-)? Some people have paid for a LR AWD and received a P3D-. You can tell by looking at the screen image showing your car and see if it has a red underline under Dual Motor. Both on the app and on the car’s screen, I believe.

Like this:
Reddit - TeslaModel3 - So, interesting yet stupid question. I bought a model 3 DM but my app seems suggest it is a Performance edition by the red underline. Does that happen for everyone else as well?

Yes, look.

It's more expensive now compared to if you have bought it in summer of 2018, after the refunds and tax credits.

People keep forgetting P buyers in 2018 got both a $5000 tesla refund for FUSC (that new buyers don't get either way) and a $7500 federal tax credit new buyers don't get either.

(new buyers also don't get all the other things they've cut out of the car since then- homelink, 14-50 adapter, dimming side mirrors, frunk mat, etc...)

2018 it was $64,000 for a P3D-. Minus the 12.5k you got back, that's $51,500 net.

Today the same P (minus the HW they removed) is $56,990. So $5490 more expensive today and you get less HW.

Even the P3D+ was only $56,500 net in 2018- $490 less than today- and with more HW included.

(you can move either price up or down a bit based on color choices given pricing on those and even which is free has been all over the place- but that's kinda missing the point).

I know many folks keep saying tesla slashed P prices from launch- but those people are incredibly bad at math (or are pretending any car maker isn't figuring the available tax credits into their pricing structure which is incredibly bad at basic econ)

There was a little sweet spot in 2019 where it was 2000 less than today's prices, you still got the 1875 from the feds and they had only removed homelink. You still got the bag hooks, lighting, frunk carpet and other stuff they have recently pulled.

Consider me boosted! It feels like there's just a little bit more urgency in the pull... Best $2k I've ever spent? No. But I definitely don't regret it. It's actually probably better I went a couple weeks unboosted.... Gave me a chance to start to get used to the old pull. Now I can get excited for the new sensation.
Steve, I was in the same boat as you. I bought the boost before I received the updated software. I just downloaded the latest version, but the boost is not there. It shows that I purchased it on my software screen, but still says Chill and Standard. Did yours update to Sport immediately following the software update?

Steve, I was in the same boat as you. I bought the boost before I received the updated software. I just downloaded the latest version, but the boost is not there. It shows that I purchased it on my software screen, but still says Chill and Standard. Did yours update to Sport immediately following the software update?
What does it say in your App say under Upgrades? Does it say you bought it? If so Select Schedule Service>Software>Driver assistance features,

Hi if I do this will it have to go in to the SC, or do they do something over WiFi?

You will purchase it from your phone or online account. Then go to your car a few minutes later, open up the driving settings. You will know it is updated when you see "Chill" and "Sport" for driving modes. No action needed for this update other than purchasing. It is not a software download, it automatically happens.

Managed to get a run in after waiting in line for 30 minutes to check out from a stripped grocery store. Not a very good time but was good to move the car. Maybe it was "stove up" from sitting too long.:eek::D:D

IMG_3667.png

Reactions: ml0204
I actually think the reverse. It may be the output of the P isn't at the limit given Model Y makes more power with the same motors. They may give P a little more in the future.
Are the P's getting the Cheetah mode? That may help them launch and be quicker.

I thought the Y's had a every so slightly larger battery too though and that would help them be able to make a little more power.

Are the P's getting the Cheetah mode? That may help them launch and be quicker.

I thought the Y's had a every so slightly larger battery too though and that would help them be able to make a little more power.

Same battery...Dragtimes did a Youtube where he said they seem to have different batteries but amended his statement in his comments that he read the specs wrong. He stated the batteries were the same.

Edit: not cheetah mode possible as it requires air suspension for that to work.