Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost Purchased

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use scanmytesla for performance tests, which some say gives the same answers as draggy. I can hit ~4.1 seconds 0-60 above 50% or so. I ran a 4.51 at 28% charge. So, even at a 28% charge, it'll beat a non-boosted MY at 100% charge. These numbers are without rollout, so subtract 0.2 seconds to compare with other cars (including the MYP).View attachment 650427View attachment 650428

Thanks for the feedback. 4.51 sec at 28% is interesting. Mine definitely "feels" much slower, like 5-6 sec at 28%. But me without haivng any way of measuring it, it's subjective.

Thanks for the feedback. 4.51 sec at 28% is interesting. Mine definitely "feels" much slower, like 5-6 sec at 28%. But me without haivng any way of measuring it, it's subjective.
I completely understand. I tested closer to 15% once. It felt so slow, I expected a 8 or 9 second 0-60. It ran a 6.1. Being used to a 4.1 0-60, 6 feels really slow.

Too me lower SOC impacts the performance as speed increases more than 0-60. For example of you are going 125km/hr and 40% charge the car feels much slower when accelerating. At low speeds (0-100km)and 40% charge the impact is lessoned greatly.
Definitely true. At full charge, I get full torque until near 55 MPH or so. At that point, it is power limited (~475 HP). With a low charge, and especially with a cold battery, the reduced power at highway speeds is very noticeable. You still get near full torque until the power limit is hit. This can be around 40 MPH for a low cold battery. It was worse a few updates ago.

At 20%, I was down to 209 HP at highway speeds in February- that felt very sluggish.

So I purchased the Acceleration boost and it seems to be the fastest above 25mph at accelerating. like man it really throws you in the seat but doing 0-60 it feels like there holding back power until you hit 30 then there is the violent acceleration.