Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost Purchased

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just completed in the app. USD 2,000 plus tax. 4.8 down to 4.3 claimed...

Uh... First!

Screenshot_20200925-090023.png

Cool, what about the Performance people ? Do we get a free boost now that there is less of a gap in performance now? Maybe an improvement from 3.5 to 3.1 or 3.2?

No, this never happened for the model 3, and almost sure it won't happen for the Y. Your car is still QUITE a bit faster. Tesla may improve performance through updates, but that would affect both dual motor and performance cars. The performance car with the brakes, suspension, and everything else - is still more desireable...and worth it to me. You shouldn't have any regrets.

Reactions: gavine and Ruffles
Definitely faster. I am overseas, wife's car. Her Hiney Dyno took it out this AM and she was super happy and she is by no means a performance driver. Sshe didn't feel much difference over 60, but she definitely felt it moving out quicker before then. Just what the Y needed.

SS

No, this never happened for the model 3, and almost sure it won't happen for the Y. Your car is still QUITE a bit faster. Tesla may improve performance through updates, but that would affect both dual motor and performance cars. The performance car with the brakes, suspension, and everything else - is still more desireable...and worth it to me. You shouldn't have any regrets.

True except I went with a Stealth performance because I didn't want to stiff lowered suspension (need ground clearance for winter snow) and didn't want 21's and got the 20" inductions. So essentially I only bought it for the performance motors.

I do know that its still plenty fast to 60 vs the LR + AB but I do recall the M3P having an update that did improve its 0-60 if I recall?

For $2K or even the Performance model, I wish they had a launch control function. Because the power is restricted when stomping on the accelerator from a stop vs the M3 or Model S. The P85D I had used to throw you back instantly from a stop where the MYP I have now seems to ramp up the power slower then start moving.

Reactions: knikak