Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost Purchased

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For $2K or even the Performance model, I wish they had a launch control function. Because the power is restricted when stomping on the accelerator from a stop vs the M3 or Model S. The P85D I had used to throw you back instantly from a stop where the MYP I have now seems to ramp up the power slower then start moving.
I agree to this. It's not like a normal Linear Tesla take off. I wonder if this was done knowing they are selling to a much broader audience.

Reactions: knikak
I agree to this. It's not like a normal Linear Tesla take off. I wonder if this was done knowing they are selling to a much broader audience.

Is that before or after the boost upgrade? The Performance version didn't look toooo bad compared to the Model 3 Performance but the LR Model Y did look slow off the line. It's been commented on many times by a lot of youtubers and people that run 1/4 miles with the car. They all clearly seemed to think it was software controlled based on testing they did... which would make total sense if they knew they were releasing a boost for $2k later on. It might also make sense in that they don't want it getting too close in acceleration to the standard Model X...

Edit: In fact, you actually have a LR Model Y with the acceleration upgrade being 0.1 seconds faster to 60mph than the $80,000 Model X...

Reactions: Darmie
Does anyone know whether this $2,000 performance upgrade affect the range of the vehicle? Is it available cheaper through a 3rd party as some people did for the Model 3 upgrade? Did anyone have an experience with this with a Model 3?
You've asked these questions in various threads. The Accleration Boost doesn't negatively impact range and it may be cheaper from a third party.

Reactions: Klau2 and alexcue
Just pulled the trigger...don't know if .5 seconds is that much quicker but I'm going to find out. I wish they'd come out with a "rides less bumpy than a go cart" option

It is worth it!! And the 0.5 second decrease in 0-60 time is AWESOME!! It feels much faster. The boost however is definitely going to reduce my range at least for a while! I can't stop mashing that peddle to the floor!! The main thing I am glad about is that it didn't cost $4000!!!!

Unplugged Performance has coil-over kit that includes full adjustment of the shocks. They label it as their Luxury Ride Kit. It costs about $2500. Mine is on order. I think their delivery take about 6-8 weeks.

For $2K or even the Performance model, I wish they had a launch control function. Because the power is restricted when stomping on the accelerator from a stop vs the M3 or Model S. The P85D I had used to throw you back instantly from a stop where the MYP I have now seems to ramp up the power slower then start moving.

Are you sure it’s different from the Model 3? That would be surprising since they are almost identical under the skin.

We heard some discussion about this when the 3 first came out - especially from a YouTuber that traded his RWD 3 for a Performance almost immediately after getting it because of how slow the RWD was off the line.

It’s not confirmed, but I’ve read a theory a few times that the PMSR motor might be prone to cogging or asymmetric heating issues if it gets pushed to extreme torque levels at low rpm, which might explain this experience.

It is worth it!! And the 0.5 second decrease in 0-60 time is AWESOME!! It feels much faster. The boost however is definitely going to reduce my range at least for a while! I can't stop mashing that peddle to the floor!! The main thing I am glad about is that it didn't cost $4000!!!!

Unplugged Performance has coil-over kit that includes full adjustment of the shocks. They label it as their Luxury Ride Kit. It costs about $2500. Mine is on order. I think their delivery take about 6-8 weeks.

Glad to hear the boost is noticeable! I'm scheduled to pickup my MY tomorrow (edit: got a call while typing this saying I can pick up today!) and if it checks out I plan to purchase the Acceleration Boost before I exit the lot :)

Have you got a quote for installation of the new suspension or do you plan to do it yourself?

So with roll out, it’s probably down to 4.0 or 3.9 sec. Someone with a dragy confirm.

Congrats MY owners! Christmas came early.
I can confirm 3.9s with the rollout.

I should be able to trim off more time since my SoC was 68%, battery was not fully warmed up, and I launched from the side of the road (with pebbles, debris).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200927-180138_dragy.jpg
    Screenshot_20200927-180138_dragy.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 196
Finally a before and after. 20" wheels.

Before:
0-60: 4.84
30-70: 3.63

After:
0-60: 4.33
30-70: 3.26

So we have sub-4s numbers in this thread, and one that aligns perfectly with the 4.8 to 4.3 claim from Tesla. @pt19713 - does your LR have 20" or 19" wheels? Also, do you have the 990 rear motor? Of course temp, SOC, etc. can impact the times, however, looking for other possible contributors.

So we have sub-4s numbers in this thread, and one that aligns perfectly with the 4.8 to 4.3 claim from Tesla. @pt19713 - does your LR have 20" or 19" wheels? Also, do you have the 990 rear motor? Of course temp, SOC, etc. can impact the times, however, looking for other possible contributors.
19" Gemini, 990 rear motor, 68% SoC on my runs (4.13, 4.21 without rollout, 3.90 and 3.93 with rollout)