Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost Upgrade/option inbound?

Interested?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about full fat P+ owners? Seems a bit strange to reduce the incentive for buying one.
LR+ upgrade = 48.5K P=52K so the difference is £3.5K, for that you get:
Nearly 1 second quicker to 60, uprated suspension and brakes, 20" alloys, spoiler, metal pedals and track mode.
I guess Tesla think that is enough. i would tend to agree.
Look at it another way the difference in price between the LR and P is 5K and for 30% of that difference Tesla are offering maybe 40% of the performance difference between the two and 0% of the rest of the stuff. I think the P will be just fine.

I don't even think it's that good a of a deal, especially if Jeremy is right and it ends up making little to no difference above 30mph

I strongly suspect that the main impact will be in the 0 to 30mph region. The off-the-line acceleration seems to be the most likely area that they could easily change via a software update, by changing the initial starting torque (effectively just increasing the initial current limit from the controllers).

Be interesting to see some acceleration profiles, comparing the rates between the LR and Performance cars. I suspect that both have a pretty similar profile from about 30mph upwards, just because the greatest impact on 0 to 60 times is always in that initial 0 to 30 sector.
I agree. IMHO, it's absolutely clear that the car is software-limited below 30mph. I test drove the P and the difference is quite obvious. Above 30mph, my recollection is that there's little difference, if any. At 4.4s, the LR AWD is hardly slow, so whilst £1500 to take 0.5s off the standing start 0-60 is mighty tempting, I can think of better things to spend the money on!

Reactions: anon37485
imgur is a bit of a popup/overlay fest, so I've copied the relevant image below

P+ = blue (top)
AWD = orange (bottom)
AWD+ = yellow (middle)

HXvhWVx.png