Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost Upgrade/option inbound?

Interested?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see this now. I have a 2018 M3 DM with EAP

DACB08F5-3263-4190-9F5A-5BF661F5314E.png

Can anyone confirm the UK price? I’m guessing £2k. Pick up my LR on Monday. Immediate power boost purchase....

Main forum suggests 3.73s and 3.48 w/ rollout. Which is how the p is measured I believe. Only reason I went LR over P was for tow hitch. Now I can have tow hitch with near P performance. Ace Christmas present.

Reactions: curmudgeon
Mmm.

Sensible head - the current acceleration on my LR dual motor is already damned impressive and certainly quicker than any car I’ve ever had. It would surely need to be declared to insurers and would hike my premium. And I don’t really have £1,500 to spare at Xmas.

Childish head - go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on. That acceleration is mind blowing.

It’s not entirely clear which head is going to win this one, which worries me.

That text has disappeared from mine now .. only upgrade available now is FSD and no mention of Acceleration Boost -
I have the M3P
We got the email this morning. Very specifically worded for LR AWD.

The Acceleration Boost is now available for Model 3 Long Range All-Wheel Drive owners.

Boost your acceleration from Standard to Sport and improve your 0-60 mph time from 4.4 seconds to 3.9 seconds.

Is this the first hint of a price decrease due to exchange rate variation? Everything else is 1-1 such as paint etc. This works out at 1-1.3333. Definitely not suggesting it’ll be the same rate, but maybe 5-10%?

Conversion rates on accessories have always been different. I have not seen as much as 2000/1500 though. Winter wheels 2000/1800, TWC 500/460 etc. but then those were physical deliveries so involved shipping too. FSD pricing would have been be a better indicator, but US pricing has risen for that.

I have the £1500 option on my LR. Do you think its covered by the distance selling regulations? i.e can I try it out then return it if not satisfied. Say next time I go on a road trip :D

I would love to know how it affects the 30-70 or 50-70 i.e the overtaking ability. I am far more interested in that than 0-60. I am sure You tube will come through for me on this in a few days.

Anyone considering it should definitely do some timed runs before and after to make sure they are getting what they paid for

I strongly suspect that the main impact will be in the 0 to 30mph region. The off-the-line acceleration seems to be the most likely area that they could easily change via a software update, by changing the initial starting torque (effectively just increasing the initial current limit from the controllers).

Be interesting to see some acceleration profiles, comparing the rates between the LR and Performance cars. I suspect that both have a pretty similar profile from about 30mph upwards, just because the greatest impact on 0 to 60 times is always in that initial 0 to 30 sector.

• Disagree
Reactions: T.F.S.