TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Access Ok stickers at delivery?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by gaurav91pandey, Mar 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. gaurav91pandey

Question to all Californians->

I have never owned a EV car (or any car for that matter). I am getting my Tesla Model S in a few days.

Do we get the access ok stickers at delivery or do we have to request them from DMV?

I would like to know this because this would make my commute to work even shorter and pleasant.

P.S- My non-practical side is telling me not to stick anything to this gorgeous car.

2. dlv1984

dlv1984 Amp'd

You need to fill out this form and send it to the DMV

3. gaurav91pandey

@dlv1984 super thanks! Do you know how long does it usually take to receive those stickers?

4. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

Awhile, so you'll have to have plates first which will take a week or two from the time you take delivery. Then, and only then, can you fill out the request for the HOV stickers. That will take roughly 4 weeks to process. So you're looking at roughly 6 weeks from the time you take delivery to the time you will get your stickers in hand.

Jeff

5. gaurav91pandey

Thank you guys! Best car forum ever!

6. bfukumoto

bfukumoto Member

I took deliver on March 2nd and still waiting for my plates so I can submit app for white HOV stickers.