Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accident and Repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1376 2.JPG
damaged paint on fwd
IMG_0382.JPG
damaged headlight from fender moving forward

Charge port has trouble opening or closing. It won't close and can't open well.
Front T cracked in half. The plastic piece under the T is damaged. Posting a link to video of charge port not working.
Her insurance gave us a list of body shops to take it to for estimate but aren't tesla authorized. He said we can take it to get repaired at a tesla authorized body shop. But why can't I get an estimate there? Calling him back.

Charge port has trouble opening or closing. It won't close and can't open well.
Front T cracked in half. The plastic piece under the T is damaged. Posting a link to video of charge port not working.
Her insurance gave us a list of body shops to take it to for estimate but aren't tesla authorized. He said we can take it to get repaired at a tesla authorized body shop. But why can't I get an estimate there? Calling him back.

Our Model X got rear ended recently and it was totaled. If you have paint chip on FWD, that suggests upper frame damage and will increase the repair cost and lead to car being totaled. Our car was more damaged at the back, but similar paint chips on FWD and even front doors.
You'll have to take it to Tesla authorized body shop for an estimate, as far as I know no other shop can do these estimates, as they don't have part lists and familiarity with these cars.

Greatest guy ever. How much was your stealth wrap?

I paid $5500 and did it at Transhine in Whittier. I can not tell you enough how great these guys are. I got a lot of extra stuff- door sills, seat backs, etc etc. Even the little aluminum area at the bottom of the screen. And ceramic tint. Bill and Jesus go out of their way for customers. They paid for my Uber from Whittier to West LA during weekday in rush hour. I highly recommend them.

Our Model X got rear ended recently and it was totaled. If you have paint chip on FWD, that suggests upper frame damage and will increase the repair cost and lead to car being totaled. Our car was more damaged at the back, but similar paint chips on FWD and even front doors.
You'll have to take it to Tesla authorized body shop for an estimate, as far as I know no other shop can do these estimates, as they don't have part lists and familiarity with these cars.
send pics please, want to see damage and how it compares. how fast did they hit you at?

We got hit by a chevy truck doing 45 mph. Car had towing package, but still whole thing went in. Car gave all sorts of warnings after the accident and refused to start.

View attachment 230550 View attachment 230551
I see paint coming off when fwd is open on the roof there is tons of paint missing. Chargeport won't close. Think there is frame damage? It is going on monday to the shop to see

I see paint coming off when fwd is open on the roof there is tons of paint missing. Chargeport won't close. Think there is frame damage? It is going on monday to the shop to see

Does FWD open/close ok? I was told by the shop if the panels touched each other during impact, there is a great chance that upper frame is damaged. Which is fixable, but costs a lot. It's just an unfortunate situation. It took us 2 months from the day of accident to us getting the check. And even now I have to hire an independent appraiser to counter the amount insurance gave me.

Does FWD open/close ok? I was told by the shop if the panels touched each other during impact, there is a great chance that upper frame is damaged. Which is fixable, but costs a lot. It's just an unfortunate situation. It took us 2 months from the day of accident to us getting the check. And even now I have to hire an independent appraiser to counter the amount insurance gave me.
They work fine. It is a little misaligned and the plastic panel underneath is coming off. There is also a piece inside that snapped along the door. It is a thick black plastic piece that runs Along the whole door and where it says Model X.

Bummer to be rearended while you were stopped, but glad to hear that the car did a good job protecting the precious cargo!
Do you think it is totaled. There may be upper frame damage and there is punctured parts in the front where fluid sits. Hood is destroyed and the bumper and a pillar and headlight and front fender and rear bumper, liftgate, interior part around fwd is cracked and the painted part over the MODEL X letters the paint is gone. The right fwd is misaligned and some paint on the edges are coming off. Also the front T and the part under both snapped in half. The charge port won't close automatically. Totaled? Hope it is as dont want to wait around for parts when I need the car for a road trip in July.
Thanks
Zack.

Attachments

• IMG_5262.JPG
    IMG_5262.JPG
    290.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_5263.JPG
    IMG_5263.JPG
    288.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5298.JPG
    IMG_5298.JPG
    228.8 KB · Views: 90