Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Actual Delivery most often better than Estimate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going thru the delivery spreadsheet, I've notice that once you get the two week specific delivery (example Dec 7 - Dec 21), most often the actual delivery is very near the earliest date. It appears that Tesla shifts from a general month (example Dec - Early Jan) to a specific two week estimate when the car status shifts to "in transit".

Just a bit of encouragement for those in the final delivery waiting stage. :biggrin:

At the time of ordering they stated December delivery. Then, the last day of production mytesla said Dec 14-Dec 28. When the car was in transit the window was changed to 11/25-12/2. No date has been set yet but im hoping for a concrete date soon.

At the time of ordering they stated December delivery. Then, the last day of production mytesla said Dec 14-Dec 28. When the car was in transit the window was changed to 11/25-12/2. No date has been set yet but im hoping for a concrete date soon.

I think they are ditching the whole train idea for December and going with trucks to ensure deliveries are not held up. East coasters should be getting much faster delivery times versus if a train would be involved. One buyer in NJ just reported delivery today (21st) and they ended production on 10/15. That is about 5 weeks transit. You're already paying the $1200 delivery fee - so why not run them quicker? An 8-9 car truckload to the east coast is about $9-10K in shipping fees - I figure a full truck costs less than that.

I think they are ditching the whole train idea for December and going with trucks to ensure deliveries are not held up. East coasters should be getting much faster delivery times versus if a train would be involved. One buyer in NJ just reported delivery today (21st) and they ended production on 10/15. That is about 5 weeks transit. You're already paying the $1200 delivery fee - so why not run them quicker? An 8-9 car truckload to the east coast is about $9-10K in shipping fees - I figure a full truck costs less than that.

That's interesting. I am hoping for good news from my DS. My delivery window is between tomorrow and next Wednesday. Today is day 8 of transit. I would love to take delivery tomorrow in time for my trip to New Jersey for Thanksgiving. But I am trying not to get my hopes up too much so I'm not disappointed if it doesn't happen. Fingers crossed though.

My experience was consistent with this, as was that of several other people who were in queue with me. I was a "late October" delivery and ended up getting my car on Oct 14th - so mid October. I had halloween pegged in my head.

Don't assume that's going to happen though, or you will set yourself up for MAJOR disappointment. The waiting game is agonizing enough as it is.

At confirmation, my DS told me my car would go into production at the end of November and would be delivered in the middle of December.
Surprised when my car went into production on 11/16. 8 days in production. In transit to Portland, Oregon on 11/24. Delivery estimate is 11/29 - 12/6.

So, 2 weeks better than original estimate for me.

Still stuck in production here. I think I just got unlucky end to end by not being included in a batch of cars just after my confirmation date when other cars went through with fairly similar configs. Then it seemed they switched over to 70d builds for a few weeks. Some folks ordering after me had a car in 4 weeks but mine is looking like I won't get mine for 8 or 9 weeks from order time.

I'll chime in here as well. I was super excited/nervous about the time frame for the car, but it went faster than expected. (But never as fast as you want.)

I ordered on 10/28, confirmed 7 days later, production started on 11/16 and then it was in transit on 11/24. Car might show up at the dealer this weekend (holiday is making it more complicated) and I will likely pick it up on Dec 1st or 2nd!

Considering on the 19th I had an update that said the expected delivery was pushed to late Dec / early Jan 2016! That's quite a shift.

Honestly, I would think Tesla would be much better at having an accurate time frame on MyTesla.

I am a bit puzzled on what seems to be better information flow for others with their DS. My DS is literally out of town and when you do get her on the phone after sending her an email to which she doesn't respond to, seems to have only have information as good as My.Tesla.

Patience...

don't know if there's a specific pattern overall here, delivery date probably depends on many things

in my case, upon original order my estimated delivery date was "early Dec"
- on 11/21, after ~10 days of "in production" status, estimate on My Tesla became "Nov 30 - Dec 14"
- on 11/23, production complete/in transit status and estimate narrowed to 1wk period: Nov 27 - Dec 4
- on 11/25, got 1st phone call from my DS (only occasional email contact with DS prior). Was told my car arrived by truck that day 11/25, scheduled delivery appointment for 12/2.
Note: Found out local SC here in town is busy preparing deliveries for all of western Canada, so even though my car is physically here already, 12/2 was first available appointment. Of course they have do all the normal prep and detailing, plus install the centre console I ordered. I assume had the SC not been as busy I could have taken delivery closer to 11/27 or 11/30 - so yes towards the beginning of the 1wk range, as suggested by the OP.

Anyhow, happy how quickly things progressed - turned out to be 29days total from confirmation to delivery for my MS