TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Actual Production time?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by HappyHappy, Apr 5, 2017.

1. HappyHappy

HappyHappy Member

Does anyone know how many days the Model X is actually in production? How long do they take for final inspection? Just wondering what their actual timelines are.

2. jimmyz80

jimmyz80 Member

I imagine it must be similar to the Model S, since they're produced on the same assembly line aren't they? My Model S went into production on April 1st, then on April 4th I got the email stating it was complete.

3. tstafford

tstafford Supporting Member

When did you place your order? I'm curious what the timeline is from order to delivery these days on an X. Probably a 100D if that matters.

4. Haxster

Haxster Member

A wealth of this sort of info for the Model S (similar to X?) at:
    Model S Order & Delivery 2017

Short answer: as little as one day, but typically two or three.

5. jimmyz80

jimmyz80 Member

I placed my order on March 9th.

6. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

My favorite so far is the new guy "newcarhappy" - confirmed MS60 and Vin # on 4/2, entered production 4/6, california delivery. Could be as little as two weeks from confirm to delivery.

7. RRM998

RRM998 Member

Last December, while I was waiting for my MX, the average production time, based on the data available, was 5 days. The lowest time was 2 days, the longest 53 days. In my case, production time was 17 days.

I assume that the times longer than average mean that an issue was found in QA and the car had to be fixed.

Whatever they fixed on my MX, it was in great shape when it was delivered.

• Informative x 1