Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Added Extended Warranty, where/when does it show up on Account/App?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
NH
I just bought the 4 year extended warranty on Saturday before my 180 days are up.
They asked for paper or email receipt. I said email, and have not received anything, grr.
The charge didn't show up on my credit card until Monday.

I assume I will see the plan on my web account? If so where does it show up? Currently Warranty is just a link on the Web Page.
For folks that do have it, does it show up on the App now under Purchased options?

Assuming it does show up somewhere, how long did it take to show up?

Does anyone know how much you would get back if you traded the car in before the initial warranty runs out?
I plan to keep the X a long time, but my track record on wanting the latest and greatest has got the best of me lately.

When I bought FSD via web site, it showed up instantly on the web page and was on the car within like an hour.

It shows up right after I paid for it. Okay maybe next day, I don't remember. It is a receipt showing $4800 paid and the extended service agreement attached.

I bought it on the weekend and charge didn't go through until today. So maybe I'll get email by tomorrow.
I have a printout of the generic service agreement which I think you can find on their web site (what's covered and what's not etc.).

I bought it on the weekend and charge didn't go through until today. So maybe I'll get email by tomorrow.
I have a printout of the generic service agreement which I think you can find on their web site (what's covered and what's not etc.).

The one attached to my email receipt is also the generic one listing for S/X and listed the price for buying before or after 180 days.

What is the cost of the extended warranty and what does it cover?

Extended Service Agreement

I wait until almost to 180 days and bought it. From what I read, many things could fail in the Model X because it has so many auto open doors. I already have the driver and passenger door failed.. so far FWD seems fine. And according to the forum, my MCU1 could easily fail in the next 6 or 7 years.

I purchased an extended warranty about 8 months ago and it showed up under my Tesla.com management page, and then it disappeared. I still have the receipt for the warranty. I called Tesla help to complain and they said my account did have the extended warranty but they were having web page problems and they were trying to fix it. I just checked again and it is now showing up, so it is time to complain again.
Mike P

There are specific items that are not covered by the Extended Service Agreement including, but not limited to: consumable and maintenance parts (e.g. filters, liquids, batteries, brake pads), suspension alignment, appearance care (cleaning and polishing), shock absorbers, upholstery wear and tear, and tires. For a/the complete list, refer to Service Agreement Terms and Conditions.

Has anyone looked at the complete list of what is not covered?

There are specific items that are not covered by the Extended Service Agreement including, but not limited to: consumable and maintenance parts (e.g. filters, liquids, batteries, brake pads), suspension alignment, appearance care (cleaning and polishing), shock absorbers, upholstery wear and tear, and tires. For a/the complete list, refer to Service Agreement Terms and Conditions.

I am still under the original 4 years/50000 miles warranty, the service center replaced my failed 12v battery for free. I was fully expecting to pay for the battery and probably labor because it is a consumable, but it was free.

I bought it two weeks ago, got an email receipt. My account page changed from the factory warranty 4y etc. to just saying warranty now. Seems to be a glitch on their site. As long as you have the receipt I wouldn’t worry.

I bought it two weeks ago, got an email receipt. My account page changed from the factory warranty 4y etc. to just saying warranty now. Seems to be a glitch on their site. As long as you have the receipt I wouldn’t worry.

Yeah the web site changed a few weeks ago for every one and actually showed the Model 3 battery/drive warranty for a while. Now it's just "blank" with a link to a web page with all warranty info.

I still got no email. My only proof is my credit card was charged. I hate this *sugar* with Tesla.

Yeah the web site changed a few weeks ago for every one and actually showed the Model 3 battery/drive warranty for a while. Now it's just "blank" with a link to a web page with all warranty info.

I still got no email. My only proof is my credit card was charged. I hate this *sugar* with Tesla.
Yea I would call or go see them if possible when you get the chance. Have them print out the receipt right there. I had some warranty service done and i ask them for a emailed receipt just for my records and sometimes I get them sometimes I don’t. But for that I would definitely want one.

Yea I would call or go see them if possible when you get the chance. Have them print out the receipt right there. I had some warranty service done and i ask them for a emailed receipt just for my records and sometimes I get them sometimes I don’t. But for that I would definitely want one.

I went down to SC for two things. Get extended warranty. And Proof I traded in my vehicle which I never got. They spent an hour looking for someone that might help me. I gave up. I needed proof I traded (sold) my vehicle to get an excise tax rebate.

I was stupid to let them send my proof of warranty electronically. But I usually find that way, way more robust than a piece of paper I might misplace. But they messed up. For all I know they put the warranty on the wrong car and someone got a nice Xmas present.

If they don’t fix it soon (Provide clear proof) I’m gonna reject the charge.