Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding a Spoiler to a Lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. In just over a week I will receive my M3 LR. Its a lease through LeasePlan. I would really like to fit a copy of the performance carbon spoiler. My question is, is this going to be a problem when I return the car at the end of the lease? I would leave it on as opposed to trying to remove it

Can you remove it without Damage? If so, try you luck.
If not, dont.

Personally, I would not run the risk. They are looking for any reason to charge you.

The only Mod i have done to mine is the wrap the console.

TBF I can’t see why you would add the spoiler? It seems pointless to me, even on the performance.

Also what the above post said, it’s fine to add anything you want, as long as you can remove it at the end of the lease.

Leasing is horrible financial proposition unless the vehicle is owned by a business and can be expensed. That said, my experience with some businesses leases is that the leasing company will ding you. Grossly oversimplified example: you add mud flaps, they ding your lease return because you added mud flaps and then resell the lease return for more because it has mud flaps. There are ethical leasing businesses but they are the exception.

Try to keep your vehicle as stock as much as possible, my two previous lease cars i wanted to add stuff to them, but the lease companies want the car back as good as possible so any alterations could affect resell price. I'd leave the spoiler as it doesn't do that much (apart from making it look like a more expensive M3P rather than the M3LR you've got.

I'm wanting to get a shell cover for the center console (shell rather than film as i'm crap at getting rid of air bubbles!!!) but even with that i'm in two minds as i'd need to remove it (and the residue) prior to going back to the lease company.

You can have mine - I really wish my M3P didn’t have one. Useless piece of crap for my purposes.
I agree with this. It seems pointless. I know it's a quick car but I don't think it has any functionality. It's a nearly 2 tonne vehicle, probably doesn't need any help to stick to the road.

Also I don't get the whole carbon fibre thing. Carbon fibre looks ugly but it has immense practical benefits in keeping weight down in a sports car or supercar. Again, in a near 2 tonne vehicle a tiny strip of carbon fibre is both pointless and ugly. Dito for any carbon fibre wrap or console cover.

To each their own I guess, but I just don't get it.

just some advice from Fossil experience I had a 2018 S4 and it did not have tinted glass I asked the main Audi dealer to do the work original level as factory and they confirmed it would not invalidate any lease. Does Tesla offer such a service for fitting the spoiler