Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adelaide to Perth & Adelaide to Darwin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check out PlugShare.com
You'll be able to piece together your journey with chargers that are on there.

Also ABRP (A Better Route Planner) will help you plan with expected ranges of your car. It accounts for elevation, temperature, weight, etc

Regarding ABRP, it only has DC chargers generally but if people add AC chargers to OpenChargeMap they will become available in ABRP. However most of the Nullarbor etc are not actual AC chargers, but 3-phase power outlets. I'm tempted to include them as a "charge network" since they cover parts of the country which are not going to have DC charger coverage for some time.

Note I've also got a spreadsheet which (at the moment) is being used by ABRP. - Australia fast charger locations

I'm also interested in how a theoretical M3(P) journey from Perth to Adelaide would work out given the expanse of the nullarbor.
I've seen some standard speed chargers but given I have no EV ownership experience...
Its more a curiosity than anything else.

Melbourne to Port Augusta is a romp with the Superchargers, Port Augusta to Perth is slow but comfortable with correct planning and patience. Not many drivers cross the Nullarbor to save time or money, it's the adventure more than anything.
Port Augusta to Perth can be done in 4 days with 3 overnight stops, daylight driving only, better to add two extra days and go via Port Lincoln and Esperance for a bit more scenery. Grab a juice booster, spare tyre and a some reading to catch up on, then be the first model 3 to cross the continent.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Melbourne to Port Augusta is a romp with the Superchargers, Port Augusta to Perth is slow but comfortable with correct planning and patience. Not many drivers cross the Nullarbor to save time or money, it's the adventure more than anything.
Port Augusta to Perth can be done in 4 days with 3 overnight stops, daylight driving only, better to add two extra days and go via Port Lincoln and Esperance for a bit more scenery. Grab a juice booster, spare tyre and a some reading to catch up on, then be the first model 3 to cross the continent.
Not entirely the first, any Perth / WA owners cars will have already done the journey, albeit on a train.

• Funny
Reactions: Chuq