Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ARENA/NRMA national fast charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NRMA are installing their first off-grid charger at Erldunda Roadhouse, at the turn off to Uluru on the Stuart Highway, some time this month.
1697719739330.png

NRMA are installing their first off-grid charger at Erldunda Roadhouse, at the turn off to Uluru on the Stuart Highway, some time this month.
1698023207743.png

No indication of anyone charging on this yet but looks like it is energised. With the world solar challenge rolling through from tomorrow we may get some more action.

Looks like 80 solar panels (40 each side)
Potentially 20kW peak generation
NT gets 6 peak solar hours
So about 120kW per day generating
Think it's more L shaped. I'd guessed about 40 panels. But a modern panel is 400+W. So 16kW.

And (guessing) maybe 200kWh storage.

Agreed with the comment on the number of stalls - but I suspect its more redundancy - like Willcannia where there are two stalls but only one is designed to be in operation at any one time.

Reactions: Hairyman
Some info on Erldunda from Robin Dean on EVfA FB forum.
25kw solar, sufficient battery for storage (think they originally wrote 180kWh). As it’s an area of high solar production that’s enough for 4 cars per day before the generator kicks in, until decent DC charging continues through to Port Augusta or Darwin I expect the generator will only switch on for maintenance reasons. At this time the 2 seperate charging units are under a test phase so are reportedly limited to 35kw.

• Informative
Reactions: positiv and Quickst
Looks like the fee for charging is now rolling out beyond the pilot sites.
More pins in the My NRMA app now showing.
Seems so. Some #plugsharebitching going on.

Looks like they are trying again with Picton tomorrow with an outage listed on Plugshare.

Some Plugshare entries have been edited (eg. Berry). Others are presumably locked (eg. Mittagong) but comments suggest it is now billing.

Im here at Jamestown SA and just got a Plugshare notification of a new nearby site - the NRMA National site in Port Augusta..

In the middle of the bridge apparently.

I see some of the other sites are also being added. I’m guessing all of these locations are inaccurate, or has a list of addresses been released somewhere?

Reactions: dronus
Yep, it would appear so. Some are just in the middle of an empty dirt patch or in a park. So there is no actual location or timeframe info being provided by these pins.

You can’t filter these out, and Plugshare renders them on top of other pins (including “active” RAA sites for example). All they are doing right now is confusing people, so I’ve flagged them for deletion with Plugshare.