Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjusted Price Reduction vs Final invoice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
18700 was at time of ordering, the 2400 was after my order was confirmed and I had received the purchase contract with only a 18700 discount. When I signed the final purchase agreement last week and took delivery, they included the additional 2400 discount.

Fwiw, I never asked Tesla about the additional 2400 discount even after it showed up on the view spec link.

Thanks for confirming

My car is a brand new (finished production, on the boat from the US to Norway at the moment) but I didn't design it myself. I ordered it of Tesla's inventory page. Guess the original buyer opted out of the deal.

I got a discount on the car which is listed on My Spec (in My Tesla) as a showroom discount, worth $24.000. This was there when I placed the order, but as the initial price of the car was $170.000, this discount lowered the price to about $9.000 below the cost of an identical vehicle if I designed it myself at the date I placed the order, as Tesla has lowered the prices of all vehicles quite a bit the last month. Hope this makes sense to you guys.

Four days after I placed the order I got an adjusted price reduction listed on My Spec worth $14.200. This is in addition to the $24.000 showroom discount. This Monday (eight days after I placed the order) the adjusted price reduction was increased to $19.000, so the complete discount listed as of this moment is $43.000.

I contacted Tesla when I discovered this final adjustment as I felt the car was becoming too cheap. Several other cars on their inventory page had been driven 6000+ miles and was more expensive.

I still have no clue what the correct price will be. Tesla is investigating.

My car is a brand new (finished production, on the boat from the US to Norway at the moment) but I didn't design it myself. I ordered it of Tesla's inventory page. Guess the original buyer opted out of the deal.

I got a discount on the car which is listed on My Spec (in My Tesla) as a showroom discount, worth $24.000. This was there when I placed the order, but as the initial price of the car was $170.000, this discount lowered the price to about $9.000 below the cost of an identical vehicle if I designed it myself at the date I placed the order, as Tesla has lowered the prices of all vehicles quite a bit the last month. Hope this makes sense to you guys.

Four days after I placed the order I got an adjusted price reduction listed on My Spec worth $14.200. This is in addition to the $24.000 showroom discount. This Monday (eight days after I placed the order) the adjusted price reduction was increased to $19.000, so the complete discount listed as of this moment is $43.000.

I contacted Tesla when I discovered this final adjustment as I felt the car was becoming too cheap. Several other cars on their inventory page had been driven 6000+ miles and was more expensive.

I still have no clue what the correct price will be. Tesla is investigating.

Understood, keep us posted how you get on! Would be an awesome deal if they come through on this - they should really as it's reflected on your personal page and may be worth taking advice from a lawyer.

One thing worth checking, I understand that the discounts are showing on the page generated when you click on My Tesla. However, this document seems different to one titled "Order Invoice" under "My Documents" - have you checked this doc and if so, is it reflecting the same information?

You are correct. I got a Final Invoice immediately after paying the deposit. This hasn't changed since, so on my Final Invoice it still says 1.127.930 NOK. To be paid = 1.097.930 NOK.

I only have the document called Final Invoice. There's no Order Invoice.

At the top of the page for the car, right below the image of the car and right above the VIN-number, I got a link named 'View Spec'.

All the price adjustments are listed here. So I've had three different versions, one with 1.127.930 total, one with 1.017.930 total, and the final one is 976.930 total.

1 NOK = 0.13 USD = 0.01 GBP

You are correct. I got a Final Invoice immediately after paying the deposit. This hasn't changed since, so on my Final Invoice it still says 1.127.930 NOK. To be paid = 1.097.930 NOK.

I only have the document called Final Invoice. There's no Order Invoice.

At the top of the page for the car, right below the image of the car and right above the VIN-number, I got a link named 'View Spec'.

All the price adjustments are listed here. So I've had three different versions, one with 1.127.930 total, one with 1.017.930 total, and the final one is 976.930 total.

1 NOK = 0.13 USD = 0.01 GBP

Fair enough, hope it works out - keep us posted and good luck

Hi Folks - so back in July I had my eye on an inventory P100DL, but it was out of my budget at €163k. Mid July the price dropped to €155k, which was more interesting, so I test-drove and then reserved.

A few days later we got the bundling of more options into the top-spec and battery cost-reductions etc., based on this I queried whether a new cost-calculation should be made. This was referred to the EU mothership in the Netherlands and the answer back was that the price was a mistake and the car should be costing €168k, but they Tesla would honour the agreement we already made.

TBH I'm ambivalent about this situation as I've seen many other cars reduced even less, and many tales on the forum. I'm happy to get the discount I got, but can't help thinking I could have got more.

I also wonder if it's not a "pricing error", but rather a sneaky way to get some hefty reductions, circumventing the company policy, to shift inventory.

In any case, my car *finally* will be delivered on Tuesday.

More positively, Tesla did give me nearly 60% trade-in on my 3.5ny.o. P85, which is a very good price indeed.

Here's a great example of plummeting prices on inventory: TeslaScout - 5YJXCCE43HF024616 - MODEL_X P100D NEW 2017 - 2443 KM 140181 EUR

And CPO also got some drops: TeslaScout - 5YJXCCE41GFS01002 - MODEL_X P90D USED 2016 - 4144 KM 119000 EUR

I have a deposit down for a X75D showroom car. I received a $19000 discount, which is decent but not great considering the car has close to 1000 miles and it was a showroom car since March, so the interior has signs of wear.

I wonder if they discount it more by next weekend when I pick it up.