TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ads on TMC

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Yagi, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Yagi

Yagi P85+

#1 Yagi, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    Recently I've noticed some ads on the forum. I'm not a fan. But I understand that the site have bills to pay. Fair enough.
    However, I'm not sure Mercedes is targeting the right audience here. :rolleyes:

Here is a snapshot:
    UVXaXSs.png

(Yes, I know this is a automatic service, and that Mercedes does not know that the ad appears on a Tesla forum - but still, it seems a bit misplaced.) :wink:

Edit: And then I noticed the "Support TMC" link. Great! I've sent my contribution hoping that the ICE's will go away :)

2. hiroshiy

hiroshiy Active Member

Keep clicking on it periodically abd hopefully the ad agency will exclude TMC for Merc ad. :)

3. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

4. hiroshiy

hiroshiy Active Member

FYI They are mostly the ads called Renarketing, which shows the ads from the sites you visited. After remaketing banners found less effevtive, they will try context matching and other targeting ads.

5. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

Today it takes 30 seconds to move to the next TMC page (within same thread). Noticed every page change must go thru [pagead2.goo . .] This is truly impossible to deal with. Google is often slow here. Is there a way to stay within TMC website eg if we remain in same thread? There used to be ways to avoid loading ads.
    --

6. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

Click the support link and donate. It will remove the banner adds.

7. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

8. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

> Click the support link and donate. It will remove the banner adds. [Denarius]

When did this policy change occur? I'm dealing with issues not seen before today. Banner ads vs any ads??
    --

- - - Updated - - -

I'm back on my usual Mac on the other DSL line. NO such paging out to google, ie instant moves to next page as always. So never mind.
    --

9. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

IIRC it was about 18 months ago....Good question because I contributed abut a year ago, so you reminded me to do a top-up.