TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

"Advanced" setting on software updates seems to be working

Discussion in 'Software Updates' started by diplomat33, Aug 6, 2019.

1. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

I suggest you buy a few more for a bigger sample.

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 3
  2. V__2

V__2 Member

1 car set on advanced and 1 on standard in my account. difference of a day, if that. almost always in the evening after 7pm, when plugged in.

3. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2019.32.2.2

I'm starting to see a pattern and maybe the Advanced setting is actually working. It also appears FSD does indeed bump up the priority slightly.

The Performance Model 3 and Model S 100D have both gotten the last three updates within an hour of each other and usually several days before the other cars. They both have FSD and are set to Advanced. They got 2019.32.1 on Tuesday. They previously received the 2019.32 update last week.
    The LR Model 3 with FSD is set to Standard and got the 2019.32.1 update on Wednesday. This car never got the 2019.32 update.
    The Model X with FSD is set to Standard and still hasn't received the 2019.32.1 update and never got the 2019.32 update.
    The Model S 75D is set to Advanced but does not have FSD and hasn't received either the 2019.32 or the 2019.32.1 update.

If the pattern holds, I would expect the Model X with FSD/Standard to get the update before or on the same day as the Model S without FSD/Advanced.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. KArnold

KArnold Member

They need an UPDATE: NEVER option. I don't want to have things break. It's all working so don't fix it.

5. iTech

iTech Member

You purchased the wrong car.

• Like x 2
  6. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider Member

I had a Model X w/AP2.0 and FSD, when set to advanced I'd get the updates very quickly upon them being reported on TeslaFi. Usually one of the first couple of AP2.0 cars to get it. I just swap it for a Raven with FSD, so far no updates, hopefully I haven't lost my place in "line" with updates. lol. That said I guess it would be worth it, the new MX LR is VERY nice. Just ready to put that FSD computer to use though. ha