Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Advanced" setting on software updates seems to be working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We still aren't seeing Advanced having any noticeable difference. In our "family fleet", we currently have five cars. Three of them are set to Advanced and the two are on the Standard setting.

For the recent 2019.28.3.1 update, the two cars on the Standard setting got the update the day before or the same day as two of the cars on the Advanced setting.
I suggest you buy a few more for a bigger sample.

We still aren't seeing Advanced having any noticeable difference. In our "family fleet", we currently have five cars. Three of them are set to Advanced and the two are on the Standard setting.

For the recent 2019.28.3.1 update, the two cars on the Standard setting got the update the day before or the same day as two of the cars on the Advanced setting.
I'm starting to see a pattern and maybe the Advanced setting is actually working. It also appears FSD does indeed bump up the priority slightly.

The Performance Model 3 and Model S 100D have both gotten the last three updates within an hour of each other and usually several days before the other cars. They both have FSD and are set to Advanced. They got 2019.32.1 on Tuesday. They previously received the 2019.32 update last week.
The LR Model 3 with FSD is set to Standard and got the 2019.32.1 update on Wednesday. This car never got the 2019.32 update.
The Model X with FSD is set to Standard and still hasn't received the 2019.32.1 update and never got the 2019.32 update.
The Model S 75D is set to Advanced but does not have FSD and hasn't received either the 2019.32 or the 2019.32.1 update.

If the pattern holds, I would expect the Model X with FSD/Standard to get the update before or on the same day as the Model S without FSD/Advanced.

I had a Model X w/AP2.0 and FSD, when set to advanced I'd get the updates very quickly upon them being reported on TeslaFi. Usually one of the first couple of AP2.0 cars to get it. I just swap it for a Raven with FSD, so far no updates, hopefully I haven't lost my place in "line" with updates. lol. That said I guess it would be worth it, the new MX LR is VERY nice. Just ready to put that FSD computer to use though. ha

Things might change now with V10 coming out, but I have FSD and also do not have the advanced setting turned on. I get new releases the day they hit everyone else according to TeslaFi and EV-fw.com.

I have not gotten V10 though (and am in no rush to get it either), so the advanced setting might actually mean something there as Elon mentioned.