Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice on Sloppy paint job

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To me that doesn't looks like a bad paint job. That looks like paint over the bonding paste agents they use in that part to seal gaps. Either they applied that paste in a sloppy fashion or is just how they do it on all M3s. Since its on both sides I would guess they see that as normal. I agree that is not nice but that's part of the sub par build refinement that Tesla is known for. Service could file that down and then paint over it through to satisfy you. They should have done that at the assembly line.

Tesla probably had some volunteer model 3 owners come in and do some bonding ;)
Honestly, I'd probably leave it.

That's normal... I mean, I don't consider it normal, but Tesla does. Take off your frunk plastic and you'll see a lot more of it. Probably can see some primer show through around the door hinges and underside of hood as well... They definitely don't want to waste a single drop of paint. I think it makes it look cheap. Most paid extra for paint and have to explain to others that point it out that it's just 'Tesla normal'. o_O

Reactions: C141medic