Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice or recs for a Tesla Newbie

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't buy the premium interior lights. So I should go with the motion sensing lights mentioned earlier in this thread?

Well, the two of the three very easiest bulbs to replace you don't have. (The two side hatch bulbs.)

You can very easily replace the frunk bulb. That was the easiest, followed closely by the two you don't have.

I'd recommend this: buy a bulb for the frunk, to see how easy it is to install. You're ordering from Abstract Ocean anyway. Then, once you've done that, and you have seen first-hand how much brighter it is, you can decide whether or not you want to replace the one in the hatch, or even replace the one, and add the other two in the hatch. Lots of people who say they aren't particularly handy have been adding the two in the hatch--I'm just not one of those people, because I didn't have to, as I had the premium lighting.

The reason I'm suggesting this is that if you do wind up going with the Abstract Ocean bulbs, you'll basically never have to think about them again, until it's time to replace them, which may be years down the road. If you go with some sort of motion sensing lights, you WILL have to attach them some way, and then you will have to be concerned with changing the batteries pretty frequently. Also, I personally find value in the car looking exactly as it was delivered, (but with brighter light,) as opposed to there being additional lighting fixtures in place.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

I too highly recommend the Abstract Ocean interior lights. I first bought 2 sets off amazon (8 LED lights) just to see if there was any difference and put it in the frunk, trunk, and front footwells. They were outstanding so I ended up buying the rest to complete the set (I highly suggest you buy the 12 pack from abstract and they throw in 1 free), would have saved me a lot more than what I ended up paying doing separately.

If you had to limit the amount of bulbs you want, the highest impacts are: trunk (a must have), frunk (depends on if you use that compartment or not) and the front footwells. But if can splurge get all of them (I have the premium interior light package and this dramatically improved it (especially puddle lights on doors).

I even went overboard and bought the red LED lights from Abstract Ocean to do the red inset lights in each door. Definitely not a necessity, but pretty cool.

Great decision on going with full body xpel. I did that and it really protects the car. And plus you can be a little less careful when washing the car without fear of swirl marks (I still do a bucket wash with grit guard, but probably still wouldn't swirl if did without). Car looks the same as day I bought it (6000 miles later).

Also if you have a front center console (I highly recommend it by the way), I bought those neoprene Stop Gap things that you put on the seatbelt holster and push in between front seat and console. This has an added bonus of angling the seat belt holster forward some and makes it a lot easier to put the seatbelt in blindly (has an awkward angle if left alone).

Last edited:
Just a quick update.. I ordered an iPhone magnetic mount, 2 metallic silver fob pockets, 4 interior lights, a 5H antiscratch screen protector, and a screen cleaning pad from Abstract Ocean. Just got my Blackvue dual dashcam from Amazon and will have it professionally installed. Trying to decide between Loyd's Luxe and Ultimat floor mats.. anyone have any opinions on these mats?

Just got my Blackvue dual dashcam from Amazon and will have it professionally installed.

Just wondering...did you not see the group buy threads for the Blackvue 650, or did you get a different model or something? I ask because checking Amazon, it would appear the prices there are significantly higher than the group buy price. I'm only pointing this out because if you did buy the 650, and simply had not seen the group buy threads, it may be worth returning the one you purchased to Amazon. (Just trying to save you some money.)

Here's one of the threads:
Blackvue 650 (Dashcam) Group Buy, Round 2 - $310, including 32 Gig Card

Just wondering...did you not see the group buy threads for the Blackvue 650, or did you get a different model or something? I ask because checking Amazon, it would appear the prices there are significantly higher than the group buy price. I'm only pointing this out because if you did buy the 650, and simply had not seen the group buy threads, it may be worth returning the one you purchased to Amazon. (Just trying to save you some money.)

Here's one of the threads:
Blackvue 650 (Dashcam) Group Buy, Round 2 - $310, including 32 Gig Card

Wow.. that sounds like a really good price. Unfortunately I already bought the 64 GB version from Amazon (the Dashcam Store) and had it installed by Al and Ed's in West Hollywood. I wish I had known about the group buy threads but oh well...

Where did you find this?

On the Shop page of the MyTesla site. It is surprisingly nice. It's just a throw. I keep it in back, all tied up in it's original snazzy ribbon cord for my passengers in the winter. They get a real kick out of it! Though I must admit to using it while zoning out to music in the garage after maybe one too many glasses of wine....

I am a total sucker for this crap.

Reactions: Andyw2100
Hi, I got a few things right away when I first got the Tesla 1 1/2 years ago. Window tint all the way around. Evannex center console, coat hooks (only $8, cheapest thing in the car!) and rim guards ( highly recommended) I also got a paint coating which seems to be what you are doing. I ended up with Rejex coating, and after 18 months all is good. The Weathertech Tesla floor mats are great too. They are in the Frunk and trunk all the time. Rainy season for the passenger compartment.
Enjoy!! I know you will.