TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

AEB on hardware 2.0 this week

Discussion in 'Model S' started by YauKwan, Apr 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. YauKwan

YauKwan Member

• Like x 2
  2. Pinot.Noir

Pinot.Noir Member

Wonder if it can detect peacocks?

• Like x 1
  3. davinci2017

davinci2017 Member

Man as much as I want this on AP2, it sort of worries me a bit with the level of confidence shown in real world usage. I do hope it comes with more updates to the overall quality of AP2 stability as well.

4. Blue Dragon

Blue Dragon Member

Hoping it's not too sensitive - which I assume is a major concern for the engineers. I don't want to get rear ended because the car thinks that isn't as bad as hitting a tumbleweed. Recently, my car abruptly slowed for a large tumbleweed blowing across the highway.

5. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

I just hope this is selectable in the menu so I can turn it off while everyone else Beta tests it because this is something that scares me if it hard brakes out of nowhere for a sign or something.

6. oktane

oktane Active Member

My Mercedes from 2002 had this feature working very well. The false positive rate was very low. Embarrassing that Tesla is working to debug this in 2017.

7. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

I'm looking forward to the upgrade so Autopilot will stop twitching when I drive under a bridge and instead will start slamming on the brakes!

• Funny x 2