TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Aftermarket accessories, what would you like?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by TS14PCC, Sep 8, 2016.

1. TS14PCC

TS14PCC Member

Could be anything, a pen holder, an internal pop up blackout tent, for Bjorn. Just something that would make owning a Tesla more enjoyable. Inspired by Bjorn's recent review of the front console tray.

I'd like to see a nicely designed rear front seat iPad/tablet holder, not something with straps or a large plastic fascia like I've seen that go around the rear of the centre console. Our current car has a built in DVD player and screens to the rear of the front headrests that get used frequently by our children.

2. maratd

maratd Member

Need some kind of a pouch or pocket that can be attached to the back of the front seats. Would be nice if it covered the whole back so that it resolves the whole glossy/scuff/scratch issue.

3. number12

number12 Member

Back of seats gloss removal
    Folding back seats
    Door pockets
    Sunglasses holder
    Dry cleaning holder
    Better place to put your phone
    No ghosting
    Stronger paint
    Autopilot 2.0 hardware

I'm sure once I actually get the car I'll have more...

4. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

An invisible force field to stop the car from hitting anything. That's as realistic as anything mentioned already

5. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

Not exactly going to fit over the whole back seats (size of a large phone?), but if you're looking for a pocket, this might help: Pocket Organizer

• Love x 1
  6. mikevbf

mikevbf Member

I have been made fun of before for this suggestion, but I would like a capsule coffee maker that made single cups into spill proof travel mugs. It could fit between the seats in the second row on 6 seat models. It makes sense because people do not need to stop at gas stations and there is not always coffee near super chargers.

7. PacManMX

PacManMX Member

• A frunk organizer made to fix the X perfectly. Ideal would be 3-4 sections for grocery bags.
      • Also wouldn't mind something to help organize the trunk.
    • A well thought out dog blanket/barrier that perhaps takes advantage of a single rear seat folded down (dog on unfolded seat with folded down seat used as elevated pillow).
    • A slim/unobtrusive phone mount with a short gooseneck and magnetic holder. To mount near driver right AC vent while allowing phone to show without being blocked by steering wheel.
    • Lighted emblems/welcome gobo lighting (I'm a sucker for that type of crap)
    • Rear seat phone charger cord holders - elegant way to store Usb charger cords when not in use.
    • Perhaps some type of sticker overlay to help show riders what the interior FWD buttons do.
    • Rubber inserts to put in cup holders so water bottles don't rattle.
    • Something to better make use of cubby hole below screen that would cost significantly less than $150.

8. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

I don't know about you guys, but I am tired of cleaning the fingerprints off the touch screen. I now use a cursor and no longer have to keep cleaning the screen. It would be nice to have a slot to keep the cursor where it won't fly around when we launch.

9. jguthe

jguthe New Member

A center console in row 2 of the 6 seater

• Like x 4
  10. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

I am going to need something to cover the center console armrests and maybe the door ones too. I suspect after a few years all the dirt, grime and oil from my arms is going to muck up the leather.:eek:

11. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Tesla OEM frunk and trunk mats to start. These were available on the S pretty early on. I wonder what's taking so long for the X versions.

12. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

There are a number of them already for sale by 3rd parties. The Weathertech version should be out in 4-6 weeks.

13. awillys

awillys Member

+1

14. PeteP

PeteP Member

A fixed rear spoiler to make the car look less like a jellybean.
    A four seat option with a rear center console.
    More color options.

15. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

Get matte clear bra on the backs of seats. Looks great and protects from scuffs and scratches. Get a clear paint protection film on the rest of the car to protect the paint!

16. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

A real sunshade that matches the OEM finish and headliner, not the mesh screen from Tesla

17. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Let me fix this for you.:)

18. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

Can we also add some arm-rests for that 2nd row console please!

19. Bishop

Bishop Member

better placement of cup holders

20. dnevius

dnevius New Member

We got an X several weeks ago and have noticed that there is nowhere to put dry cleaning or hang clothing! Also, the vehicle we bought was a demo and had NOT been configured with the hitch. Without it there is no way to haul bikes on the outside of the vehicle. Argghhhh!