Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket PPF for rocker panel protection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

voip-ninja

Give me some sugar baby
Mar 15, 2012
Colorado
I'm having PPF done on my new Model Y on Monday and the installer has proposed doing PPF on the doors up to the mid-way point where there is a body contour in order to hide the line of the PPF, and then a PPF "dog leg" on the rear quarter panel to complete the protection against stone chips.

We do get a lot of gravel on roads here in the winter time and my Model 3 had some moderate road rash on the lower rocker area.

Has anyone else had PPF done on the door as described? How noticeable was the transition?

Thanks.

I bought that kit, but didn't install it, b/c I assumed I wouldn't keep my PY long enough to warrant it, but then trade-in values dropped and I cancelled my order. Now it's winter in ND and I wish I had installed it. I have nowhere warm here to do that.

I'm having PPF done on my new Model Y on Monday and the installer has proposed doing PPF on the doors up to the mid-way point where there is a body contour in order to hide the line of the PPF, and then a PPF "dog leg" on the rear quarter panel to complete the protection against stone chips.

We do get a lot of gravel on roads here in the winter time and my Model 3 had some moderate road rash on the lower rocker area.

Has anyone else had PPF done on the door as described? How noticeable was the transition?

Thanks.
You don't need PPF on the quarter panel just the rear doors. That said, if it's not a hassle do it. I used a kit off amazon for the door quarter, works well and cheap.

Reactions: Pianewman