Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Subwoofer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone sell the subwoofer enclosure without the speaker? i.e. just the empty shell?
I'm interested in getting one for both sides of the trunk, but I need to ship overseas, so having a sub pre-installed increases my shipping costs dramatically.

I just installed a 10" NVX sub and amp kit in my S. Seems pretty good for the size of amp and speaker. I have been been listening to some rap and tool, hits pretty good! I will be writing a review on teslarati.com in a week or so. Check it out!
I also have the premium sound

Oh, I will be 40 in a month
:wink:

How does your premium sound system sound after installing the NVX subwoofer? I have the premium sound system in my 2012 Tesla Model S but wonder how much of an upgrade would the NVX 10' subwoofer offer.

I installed the NVX about a month ago (early 2013 with premium sound). Aside from the install being quite tricky (have a pro do it if you have one you can trust!), I think it fills in the sound nicely. There's multiple adjustments, on the amp, and on the line-out converter, so I do not know if I've got it optimally set....sounds good to me though. It would be helpful to have recommended settings. The amp is in the frunk cubby, so tweaking those settings only requires minor contortions, but tweaking the line-out requires removal of the panel under the steering wheel, which (in my car at least) was exceptionally difficult (and I have all the right pry tools!). All in all, I think it's well worth the price, but the install is challenging unless you're super handy; find a pro to do it if you can, I couldn't find one near me that gave me any confidence.