Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Tesla CarPlay and Android Auto Devices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried this over 20 times… it simply doesn’t broadcast it’s Wifi SSID.
I can only connect to it via bluetooth, enable carplay and thats it… now wifi to connect to is displayed.
Not sure what happened after the update… is there not other way to reset it to default settings?
The 3.3.3.3 address can only be accessed once connecte to it’s wifi… which I don’t see…

I updated my Ownice device away from the car. Once the update was completed, I clicked on "Wi-Fi Settings", changed the language to English. and set both bands to "Auto".
Went back to the car, and double check that my car sees the Ownice unit.
After CarPlay showed up on the screen, I selected the blue icon to change settings related to my Personal Hotspot.

It's been working fine since the firmware update.

I can only connect to it via bluetooth, enable carplay and thats it… now wifi to connect to is displayed.
Not sure what happened after the update… is there not other way to reset it to default settings?
The 3.3.3.3 address can only be accessed once connecte to it’s wifi… which I don’t see…
The 3.3.3.3 I believe can be accessed once connected to Bluetooth?

... and just like that, worked perfectly yesterday, this morning wouldn't connect. Odd.

Noticed the same behaviour last time that the Tesla wanted a wifi connection to download an update (where you get the orange down arrow). So will update the Tesla tonight and hope for the best tomorrow.

Interesting. After not connecting this morning mine also will not broadcast the SSID.

Have sent an message on Aliexpress to the Ownice store again.

Another update available today.

I think you are talking about Ownice but I just checked and the latest update that I see is 202306041508 that was release on June 4th, I do not see a new update today. I cannot see any updates for the T2C today also, the last update I got from T2C was 23041017.1508.1 which was released in April.

I also sen them a message yesterday but no answer yet. Let me know once you get something from them.
My feeling is that it's bricked or a hardware issue.
Ownice

No idea. They actually responded to me but the message just said "In that case you need to do the following:" and nothing after that so they forgot to attach the instructions.

I updated my Ownice device away from the car. Once the update was completed, I clicked on "Wi-Fi Settings", changed the language to English. and set both bands to "Auto".
Went back to the car, and double check that my car sees the Ownice unit.
After CarPlay showed up on the screen, I selected the blue icon to change settings related to my Personal Hotspot.

It's been working fine since the firmware update.
When you say "updated" away from the car, how did you do that?

Ok, so I managed to get in touch with someone from "support" over whatsapp.
What he suggested was to try the following:
- Change the name of you Iphone to: 000
settings-general-about-name

- enable hotspot and change the password to: 00000000
settings-personal hotspot-wi-fi passwod

Than try to see if the Wifi of the Ownice pops up.
Unfortunately I am traveling and don't have the Ownice at hand. You could give it a try and let me know :)

Ok, so I managed to get in touch with someone from "support" over whatsapp.
What he suggested was to try the following:
- Change the name of you Iphone to: 000
settings-general-about-name

- enable hotspot and change the password to: 00000000
settings-personal hotspot-wi-fi passwod

Than try to see if the Wifi of the Ownice pops up.
Unfortunately I am traveling and don't have the Ownice at hand. You could give it a try and let me know :)
No, didn't work.

FWIW, also couldn't connect to the Ownice bluetooth when I did this.