Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Wheels for Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Between one wheel falling over onto its face and not having done an upgrade to my roadster recently, I'm thinking of upgrading from my stock non-forged wheels to something better looking - and lighter. The Tesla forged wheels are OK, but what other alternatives might there be? My recollection is that Roadster wheels are not a common size/bolt pattern/offset. Post your suggestions (pics and links to sources welcome)!

Thanks, but that thread isn't helpful to me. When I search on the wheelpros site for Tesla Roadster I get a ton of wheels, but when I limit to a 40mm offset, I get only one wheel. Hard for me to know what will really fit.

Does someone have the specs, including offset so I could search on my own?

Thanks. I also found this thread: Aftermarket Wheels/Tires/TPMS :: My Enkei Setup (Photos & Info)

But, I'd like something no heavier than the stock non-forged wheels I have today. I guess trying to do something custom is going to be the best option. Any suggestions on best sizes to shoot for? I'd like to get away from the Yoko 07s on the front (I'm OK with the AD08Rs on the rear).

• Love
Reactions: X.l.r.8
Love those wheels.
DCCFD35B-4FEB-4B82-AE52-C1F40F2FF393.jpeg

Can’t wait for summer when they go on after the unwrap.

• Love
Reactions: Brando
Thanks. I also found this thread: Aftermarket Wheels/Tires/TPMS :: My Enkei Setup (Photos & Info)

But, I'd like something no heavier than the stock non-forged wheels I have today. I guess trying to do something custom is going to be the best option. Any suggestions on best sizes to shoot for? I'd like to get away from the Yoko 07s on the front (I'm OK with the AD08Rs on the rear).

We might able to help you out. We can build a set of fully forged that weight under 17.5lb each for 17inch setup, since we are all custom build, our wheel will fit on your Roadster without any modification, hub rings, or spacer.
I’ve sent you a private message, please check.

Here's what I'm doing...I found a direct bolt on 8 spoke wheel. No spacer or hub centric rings needed. They are 17x8 with 245/40 tires which are near identical dia to OEM. Also, with this tire/wheel setup it weighs exactly the same as the oem at 43.4#.

I;m going to be putting the rear rims on the front with 205/40. I'm hoping the additional with up front will reduce some of the understeer. I'm also going to "plasti-dip" the rears that will be going on the front black. Once black, I don't think the difference in spoke number and twist will be that noticeable.

Henry

Attachments

• archive.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2355.JPG
    IMG_2355.JPG
    640.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2356.JPG
    IMG_2356.JPG
    465.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_2353.JPG
    IMG_2353.JPG
    542 KB · Views: 138
Why not just get four new rims instead of just two for the rear?
This wheel only comes in this one size 17x8, so unless I wanted to go with a square setup, this is the only choice...except, there is another wheel (7 spoke, no twist, 16x7) that I might consider, but it would require a spacer & hub centric ring. AND, if I'm going to have slightly different rims, might as well have original forged ones. Also, with my proposed setup, I have alot more tires to choose from.

Going with 8" all around is a possibility, but a 215 is a bit narrow on an 8" rim. Plus with the 205/40 I have a wider selection of tires, the OD is exactly the same as OEM, and it is a stronger wheel. The 215/40 is slightly larger in dia too...I have a 1.5, so that was a concern. What is the offset of the wheels that you are running? Can you post a pic?

I run the stock size in the rear. Those wheels are Black Ice VB8 Mayhem units, with hub centric rings. I intended an upgrade to 225/40/18 in the rear when the tires needed replacement, but the wheels have now been discontinued, and I can't find a set of 18 inch ones.