Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally had a chance to get the new wheels put on today. Went with Rays Gramlights 57DR (Semi-gloss) 19x9.5 ET35 with 265/35/19 Falken 460AS tires.

Attachments

• IMG_0762.jpg
    IMG_0762.jpg
    907.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0766.jpg
    IMG_0766.jpg
    693.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0764.jpg
    IMG_0764.jpg
    737.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0768.jpg
    IMG_0768.jpg
    643.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
This looks so damn good. Love how beefy they are and I’m strongly considering going with this same setup. I’m on coilovers with rear camber arms. Did you need to use spacers to clear the knuckles or camber to clear the fenders? Wonder if PS4S would have roughly the same fitment. I hear they run wide, maybe wider than the Firestones you grabbed. Are you on performance brakes and rotors?
Thanks man! Yeah, I love my set up right now. IMO this set up really fits the model 3 and the ride is great too. I wish I could go slightly lower but I'm fine with how it is since its my daily and I carry my family in it too. I'm on coilovers and I have 15 mm spacers front and rear. Brakes are stock, I only have aftermarket covers on it.

Anyone try the apex v601 in 285/35/19 on the system spec TE37’s?

Saw that this specific size was like 40% for $600 shipped and figured If it fits, I might as well try em! Knowing the v601’s run narrow (ish) I wonder if the 285’s will work or not….

Sidewall would be a little too bubbly for my taste.

-Danny

I'm sure it would work but I think you'd probably need to raise your car for sure and the sidewall would definitely look more like a floatie.
255s stretched a tiny bit, 265s are perfect & 275s would be a tad wide.

I'm sure it would work but I think you'd probably need to raise your car for sure and the sidewall would definitely look more like a floatie.
255s stretched a tiny bit, 265s are perfect & 275s would be a tad wide.
Sidewall would be a little too bubbly for my taste.

-Danny
Thanks for the feedback from both of you guys! In that case I’m sticking with the 265/35. Next choice is v601 or the fk460!

Thanks for the feedback from both of you guys! In that case I’m sticking with the 265/35. Next choice is v601 or the fk460!

As much as I liked the v601's driving feel, they got progressively louder and louder. So far for me, the FK460 had similar if not better road feel than the v601s, better tread wear and lastly, MUCH more quiet of a tire. The v601s were great when new but seemed to progressively have more of a whirling (rotating hum) sound when traveling above 30mph.

Has anyone tried Dinan - Hyper Kinetic™ HB003 flow formed wheels? Looking for new wheels and was wondering how the fitment is. Their fitment options for 20 x 8.5 is et30 and et30. Looking for something flush and if its not flush I can use spacers but just curious on the math on what spacer size i'd need

Has anyone tried Dinan - Hyper Kinetic™ HB003 flow formed wheels? Looking for new wheels and was wondering how the fitment is. Their fitment options for 20 x 8.5 is et30 and et30. Looking for something flush and if its not flush I can use spacers but just curious on the math on what spacer size i'd need
It's considered flush for stock height vehicles.

-Danny

• Helpful
Reactions: Lindenwood