Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - I have an SR+ on order...and will be driving in the hubless Aeros most of the time.

I'm thinking ahead for next winter though, and have a few questions!

- My tires are 18"...can i use 19" wheels? I read somewhere it's basically the tire that's smaller / less rubberon the 19" or are the rims actually 19"?
- Does anyone know of any Canadian stores that sell rims for the model 3? I saw T-Sportsline, but looking at 300$ CAD in shipping alone.

Thanks!

Hi guys, I currently have a set of Volk Racing ZE40 18x9.5 +45mm on my Subaru WRX that I am thinking about selling for a Model 3. Would I be able to use my same wheels without any issues? Thanks!!!

Hi guys, I currently have a set of Volk Racing ZE40 18x9.5 +45mm on my Subaru WRX that I am thinking about selling for a Model 3. Would I be able to use my same wheels without any issues? Thanks!!!

You also need to check the size of the lug holes, most are drilled out to12mm and our cars need 14mm. I think this was talked about on page 12 when people were discussing TE37's

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Vorsteiner is about to release their popular VFF-109 design for the Model 3 in 20".

"The 109 is our rendition of a modern day 10 spoke design. Featuring spoke cuts to reduce weight and add a subtle detail to the design. In addition the spokes are designed to run from the outer lip all the way to the center of the bowl giving the illusions of a larger overall diameter."

Specs:
VFF-109
Size: 20x9 / 20x10.5
Finish: Carbon Graphite (see pictures below) & Zara Gray (light silver finish). Comes standard with black caps.
Condition: Brand New
Fitment: Non-performance and performance Model 3's
MSRP: $2600

Special Introductory Pricing: $1899 shipped any where in continental US.
This exclusive pricing only applies to the sets I have ordered which are 3x Carbon Graphite and 3x Zara Gray. Once these run out, normal pricing will resume.

If you'd like to claim one of these sets, please pm me so I see your message immediately.

View attachment 381159 View attachment 381160 View attachment 381161 View attachment 381162 View attachment 381163 View attachment 381164 View attachment 381165 View attachment 381166 View attachment 381167 View attachment 381168

Some in progress mounting pictures of a new set going on a Model 3. I only have 1 set of carbon graphite and 3 sets of zara gray left.
DSC03796.JPG
DSC03797.JPG
DSC03800.JPG

No doubt a squared setup is the better fit for awd when talking about track setups. But the talk of understeer running a staggered setup is overly exaggerated....for a street driven or even occasional recreational auto-x, hpde driven car. Especially with the p3d and track mode. If you’re a track junkie or competitive auto-x...squared no question. Otherwise, if you prefer the look of staggered go staggered. I used to be track junkie and competitive auto-x 10-15 yrs ago. I’m going staggered VS forged for my daily driven summer setup

Reactions: e-FTW

Two or three issues you'd have to check out: 1) whether the actual bolt hole is too small even if the bolt circle is same; 2) whether the barrel will clear the performance brakes (if you have those); 3) probably will need different hubcentric rings to securely mount (easiest issue to fix). I suspect that the WRX has smaller wheel bolt diameter but I'm not sure. I know that some have bored out the bolt hole on various wheels to adapt to the Tesla, but you're in uncharted waters at that point about whether the wheel becomes critically structurally weakened - or not - by that process. Lots to think about there . . . .

No doubt a squared setup is the better fit for awd when talking about track setups. But the talk of understeer running a staggered setup is overly exaggerated....for a street driven or even occasional recreational auto-x, hpde driven car. Especially with the p3d and track mode. If you’re a track junkie or competitive auto-x...squared no question. Otherwise, if you prefer the look of staggered go staggered. I used to be track junkie and competitive auto-x 10-15 yrs ago. I’m going staggered VS forged for my daily driven summer setup

These are excellent points not widely acknowledged because they go against the 'conventional wisdom' - which is surely a good starting place but where there is no real data. It would be great if someone would test all this out - run a conventional squared setup, then a staggered setup, with just larger rear wheels, run both on the same track and get best times, and see whether track mode allows the extra traction at the rear to be useful, or whether the extra potential understeer results in a net loss of speed. We just need someone to do the real work of testing this out :D:D

Reactions: e-FTW
These are excellent points not widely acknowledged because they go against the 'conventional wisdom' - which is surely a good starting place but where there is no real data. It would be great if someone would test all this out - run a conventional squared setup, then a staggered setup, with just larger rear wheels, run both on the same track and get best times, and see whether track mode allows the extra traction at the rear to be useful, or whether the extra potential understeer results in a net loss of speed. We just need someone to do the real work of testing this out :D:D

Haha I would love to see it tested as well!! It’s not gonna be me though lol. After years of dragging along a second set of track wheels for the events.... towards the end I decided to just run my daily “show” setups. Partly because it became annoying to keep swapping and partly because I wanted to see and feel how the less optimal street setups handled at the track. Let’s face it..while I was somewhat competitive..it wasn’t my career and I was doing it for the fun...having to swap out sets stopped being fun lol.