Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! What does those weigh?

Nice!! I was contemplating going brushed bronze on mine...but figured the brushed titanium would tie in better with CF spoiler and any other CF bits I might end up adding down the road.

I’m not sure exactly...but around 20-21lbs is what they typically run I think. Not bad for 20’s. I’ll measure the wheel/tire combo when they arrive next week.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
Would strongly urge you to offer instead the Tesla specific Pilot Sport 4S tires in 235/35 and 275/30 sizes in this package. They are actually each respectively wider than the nominally larger non-Tesla 245/35 and 285/30 tires, have acoustic foam, and perhaps other structural changes, including probably a change in tread and sidewall composition to allow them to tolerate the 42-45 lbs of tire pressure recommended by Tesla. And despite all the anxious reporting that Michelin's own information suggests that they might frown on a 10.5 inch wheel on the 275/30, I've had them for just under a month and they sit beautifully on the wheel. The section width of that tire is actually over 11 inches by my direct measurement, so it is not stretched on the wheel in any way. Plus, you are not changing your final drive ratio, and losing some off the line torque and launch as a result. View attachment 376463

No question that this is a gorgeous wheel package!

View attachment 376463 View attachment 376464
Any idea the weight of these wheel/tires compares to OEM 18" Aero?

Not aftermarket wheels but 20mm spacers front, 25mm spacer rear, blox.
most I've seen are 15mm front and 20mm rear. but I think even at 25mm I am still not flushed. but 25mm is the most I would be comfortable with anyway. I can live with this look for a while until I get new wheels

Attachments

• model 3 003.jpg
    model 3 003.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 626
  • model 3 008.jpg
    model 3 008.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 611
  • model 3 011.jpg
    model 3 011.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 602
  • model 3 013.jpg
    model 3 013.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 575
  • model 3 016.jpg
    model 3 016.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 524
  • model 3 017.jpg
    model 3 017.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 502
Any idea the weight of these wheel/tires compares to OEM 18" Aero?

Not light! Depending on the wheel, but the most reasonable forged wheels (VS) are probably about 22 lbs front, 23 lbs rear, with a 24 lbs front tire (Tesla specific 235/35-20 Pilot Sport 4S), and another Tesla specific 275/30-20 rear version 4S coming in at 28 lbs. Not sure what the stock 18s weight but you are going to pick up at least ~ 5 lbs a corner. And then there is the cost! $2600 for the wheels, another $1400 for the tires. But for that $4k, you will have a way better package than the stock Tesla 20s, which they are charging $5k for.
20190119_105233.jpg

But the handling and braking will be in another universe from the stock MXMs. And the car just looks so much better.

Last edited:
Not aftermarket wheels but 20mm spacers front, 25mm spacer rear, blox.
most I've seen are 15mm front and 20mm rear. but I think even at 25mm I am still not flushed. but 25mm is the most I would be comfortable with anyway. I can live with this look for a while until I get new wheels

You are putting a 1 inch spacer on the rear wheels? Impossible to see how that would work, as you would have no lug left to grab with your lug nuts. Unless these have their own lugs? But why would you want to change the scrub radius and wheel position that radically? You are also going to risk damaging your wheel bearings over time, which are set up to bear loads centered around the normal wheel offsets, What made you make such a radical modification?

Hi everyone,

Vorsteiner is about to release their popular VFF-109 design for the Model 3 in 20".

"The 109 is our rendition of a modern day 10 spoke design. Featuring spoke cuts to reduce weight and add a subtle detail to the design. In addition the spokes are designed to run from the outer lip all the way to the center of the bowl giving the illusions of a larger overall diameter."

Specs:
VFF-109
Size: 20x9 / 20x10.5
Finish: Carbon Graphite (see pictures below) & Zara Gray (light silver finish). Comes standard with black caps.
Condition: Brand New
Fitment: Non-performance and performance Model 3's
MSRP: $2600

Special Introductory Pricing: $1899 shipped any where in continental US.
This exclusive pricing only applies to the sets I have ordered which are 3x Carbon Graphite and 3x Zara Gray. Once these run out, normal pricing will resume.

If you'd like to claim one of these sets, please pm me so I see your message immediately.

View attachment 381159 View attachment 381160 View attachment 381161 View attachment 381162 View attachment 381163 View attachment 381164 View attachment 381165 View attachment 381166 View attachment 381167 View attachment 381168

These Vorsteiner wheels look great! Do you have to use hub centric rings for these wheels and what size of hub centric rings would I need? Thanks!

These Vorsteiner wheels look great! Do you have to use hub centric rings for these wheels and what size of hub centric rings would I need? Thanks!
No Hub Centric rings as the wheels are machined for the hub center and all wheels are made with the extra lip to keep compatibility with Performance brake models as well. The only knock on the wheels is that they're a bit heavier than anticipated. I was originally told they were 23 pounds for the rears and maybe 22 for the fronts but those weights turned out to be roughly 4 or 5 lb optimistic. But they are extremely well-made, and as you say, they look spectacular. The Zara gray goes great with a number of car colors but particularly the pearlescent White

1" wheel spacers are pretty "normal" in fact, many Model 3 owners are running 20mm, I am a bit more extreme and went with 25mm.
They do have extended studs, all torqued to factory spec. Even the front 20mm has extended studs.

Wheel spacers are pretty much like lower offset wheels, so the only difference is that there is more load on the studs. They both push the wheels out further.

That's just my theory, I am not professional, but based on my research, that's what I found out.

You are putting a 1 inch spacer on the rear wheels? Impossible to see how that would work, as you would have no lug left to grab with your lug nuts. Unless these have their own lugs? But why would you want to change the scrub radius and wheel position that radically? You are also going to risk damaging your wheel bearings over time, which are set up to bear loads centered around the normal wheel offsets, What made you make such a radical modification?

Reactions: pkalhan
1" wheel spacers are pretty "normal" in fact, many Model 3 owners are running 20mm, I am a bit more extreme and went with 25mm.
They do have extended studs, all torqued to factory spec. Even the front 20mm has extended studs.

Wheel spacers are pretty much like lower offset wheels, so the only difference is that there is more load on the studs. They both push the wheels out further.

That's just my theory, I am not professional, but based on my research, that's what I found out.

Well good that you've done some research. My suggestion would be that you can get the same look by just going to a wider wheel and keeping the same offset. Some other advantages to The Wider wheel including even with stock tires more squared up contact batch, probably better braking as well. But again that's a lot more money especially for forged

probably won't matter for a street vehicle, but you also get more stress on the hub, bearings and other suspension.