Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You seem to be mixing wheel and tire size there a bit

OEM wheel is an 8.5" inch wide (not 9)...and OEM tire is a 235 width tire.

In the rear at least 10.5"wide wheels and 285 tires fit- you can possibly go bigger, some discussion of that here-
Vendor - Model 3 Wheel Fitment by GetYourWheels

A better question might be WHY you want to go much bigger... the Model 3 doesn't appear to be traction limited in acceleration even on 8.5" wide wheels.... there's some gains to be had for other types of track use of course, but at cost of significant on-street range, and even then a square setup is generally better than a staggered one... (275s fit up front from MPPs testing)
Great points...thanks!

I wasn't sure how gloss black chrome delete would look on a black 3, but I really like it! It's like a classier blackout compared to matte black.
Vossen Wheels - VFS2 20's staggered custom finished in Gloss Black. No hub rings or spacers needed because we did a custom finish/blank set from Vossen. Fitment of course is flush to fenders for optimal fitment. Rear concavity looks incredible!

DSC02612.JPG
DSC02613.JPG
DSC02618.JPG
DSC02619.JPG
DSC02621.JPG
DSC02624.JPG
DSC02628.JPG

• Love
Reactions: Spacep0d
Thinking of putting non-staggered 20's on our RWD LR M3 + Unplugged's Mild lowering spring.

1. Anybody put aftermarket 20's + a mild drop without changing any other suspension parts, e.g. Mountain Pass Rear suspension arms? Tire wear ok with this?
2. Several people local to me are selling P3D's 20' rims. I'm tempted to get these + the mild lower spring and not get the Tesla rear upper fore link (The $4k package through Tesla). Same question, would tire wear still be ok with this?

Thanks, I'm a suspension noob so any advice would be great.

Hi folks! New owner here and naturally I gravitated to this thread :)

When looking into aftermarket rims, the many settings, widths, and offsets confuse me quite a bit. Are these mostly due to preference or would the rim manufacturer or installer know what works most ideally?

Lastly, from the thread it seems as the brands that come up most often include: Giovanna, Vorsteiner, TST, VMR - Any other recommendations?

Thanks all and looking forward to posting some new wheels soon!

I was hoping to get thoughts on these two wheel options for my Model 3 below. Does it matter if they're forged vs. cast in terms of impacting ride and speed?
Vossen CVT:
View attachment 359505
Avant Garde M21:View attachment 359507

Current color scheme:
View attachment 359504

I was hoping to get thoughts on these two wheel options for my Model 3 below. Does it matter if they're forged vs. cast in terms of impacting ride and speed?
Vossen CVT:
View attachment 359505
Avant Garde M21:View attachment 359507

Current color scheme:
View attachment 359504

What color gray is this? Looks great.