Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got my wheels, they are:

BBS CI-R in Platinum finish
19x9.5+40 squared (want to be able to rotate tires)
255/35/19 Dunlop S1 (got them cheap to see if all fits nicely)
Currently, have 25mm Blox Racing spacers in the back and its damn perfect with no rubbing.

I want to run 15mm spacers in the front (BBS didn't have the best offset so I settled with +40 and since I got a really good deal on these wheels, I opted out for getting other wheels with better offset) But the backside of the wheel is hitting the OEM studs.

Solution #1, get long studs, run 15mm spacers with it.
Solution #2, cut OEM stud short by about 5mm which is well beyond the lock nut for the spacers, the downside is if I ever go with other wheels which won't require spacers, I will lose a few turns. So this option is not as ideal.

Other mods on the car:

Maier Racing Carbon Fiber Trunk with Carbon Fiber back panel (replaces the OEM plastic one)
Maier Racing Carbon Fiber Front Spoiler (lip)
Maier Racing Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler
Maier Racing Carbon Fiber Side Skirts

If you guys are interested in Maier Racing products, you can use my promo code "SAVE7TESLADIY" to get 7% off your purchase at Maierev.com

Hi
When you installed the new trunk lid, how did you line it up correctly. 2 different tesla service centers and 1 auto body shop have been unable to align my factory trunk lid correctly. I assume they use some sort of tool at the factory to hold the lid in place so that the 4 bolts can be tightened in the correct position. Thank you

anyone else itching to swap on their winter wheel set? (those of you in seasonal areas). i love my summers but never had my new wheels on yet, just waiting for the temp to drop :p

I just took delivery of my Performance and immediately had to swap to winters up here in Canada. We had snowfalls in both September and October already :eek:

Fast FC-08 18x9.5 ET38 (3mm spacers) w/ 255/45/18 Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3

DSC04889.jpg
DSC04915.jpg
DSC04929.jpg
DSC04979.jpg
DSC04899.jpg
DSC04728.jpg

Reactions: tracksyde
Now that performance models come with black wheels from factory, how about these on my red performance to stand out? Tsportline Falcon flow forged. I plan on putting snow tires on my oem wheels. I kinda wanted 18 for the ride comfort and wheel protection for snow tires but keep coming back to these in a staggered. A little on the steep side tho.

red-multi-coat-tesla-model-3-20-inch-flow-forged-wheels-limited-edition-falcon-satin-bronze-wm-2_4000x.progressive.jpg

tesla-model-3-limited-edition-wheels-falcon-flow-forged-jupiter-bronze-20-inch-1_34c33fb0-72e8-42e2-8db1-1bdd0923ad44_4000x.progressive.jpg

Reactions: ChargedSociety
Where did you get spacers, I am trying to get 3mm spacers that fits my mod
View attachment 468935

Fast makes one specific for Model 3 Performance with the 70.2mm lip and the protruding bolt that holds the rotor on. This will also allow you to run a wheel with the 64.1mm center bore and won't require any special rings or machine for the 70.2mm lip.

Part info:
77123BK-1
Tesla Model 3 Performance Hub Centric Wheel Spacer-Black-5x114.3mm-Bore 70.2mm-Thickness 3mm (3/32")

20191018_200306.jpg
20191018_200229.jpg

Wouldn't the offset be +32?

Offset with spacer is +35.

Question, i've been doing some research on wheels and was looking at the following set up:
CE28N VOLKS fully forged 19 X 9.5 + 36 offset squared.
These wheels weight around 18 pounds each.

When comparing to the stock 20" P3D which are 28.6 pounds each, the savings in wheel weight seems pretty enticing. Am i still looking at a big range hit based off on the 1 inch increase in wheel width compared to stock? Stock wheels are running 8.5's while the volks are at 9.5. Or will the difference in weight make up for the increase road contact? What do you guys think?

Reactions: Murattukaalai
Fast makes one specific for Model 3 Performance with the 70.2mm lip and the protruding bolt that holds the rotor on. This will also allow you to run a wheel with the 64.1mm center bore and won't require any special rings or machine for the 70.2mm lip.

Part info:
77123BK-1
Tesla Model 3 Performance Hub Centric Wheel Spacer-Black-5x114.3mm-Bore 70.2mm-Thickness 3mm (3/32")

View attachment 469046 View attachment 469047

thanks for the info! Is the height of the lip 3mm?

Part info:
77123BK-1

View attachment 469046 View attachment 469047

You have a link to buy them?

Last edited:
Hopefully some of you wheel gurus can help me. I'll be picking up my M3P+ toward the end of the year and looking to get some lighter wheels for performance and maybe a bump in range. It'll be my DD with 25k+ miles/year and a few track days for fun (willing to get a second set if I get serious on the track). Guidelines: budget is $2500 for wheels (holiday sales included), would like to drop 8+ lbs/corner from wheels/tires, willing to swap rotors for fit and performance (not BBK).

Considering these options:
Titan 7 T-S5 19x9.5" +35 (~20lbs)
VS Forged VS02 19x9.5 +35 (~20lbs)
Konig Dekagram 19x9.5 +35 (19.9-20.9lbs depending on concavity fit)

May require some work to fit(?) or tires may be heavier and negate gains:
WedsSport TC105X 18x9.5 +35 (17.52lbs)
Enkei RPF1 18x9.5 +38 (17.8lbs)

Thoughts or other options that I missed?

Reactions: ChargedSociety
thanks for the info! Is the height of the lip 3mm?

I'm not sure height is the correct terminology. It pushes the wheel outwards towards the fenders another 3mm. It could be height or width depending on how you're looking at it

You have a link to buy them?

I couldn't find them anywhere online. I used a local wheel and tire shop who can get Fast wheels to order it for me using that part number.

Reactions: Daskid
Hopefully some of you wheel gurus can help me. I'll be picking up my M3P+ toward the end of the year and looking to get some lighter wheels for performance and maybe a bump in range. It'll be my DD with 25k+ miles/year and a few track days for fun (willing to get a second set if I get serious on the track). Guidelines: budget is $2500 for wheels (holiday sales included), would like to drop 8+ lbs/corner from wheels/tires, willing to swap rotors for fit and performance (not BBK).

The Titans will fit perfectly as they have the proper machining for the hub on the P3D. Can't speak to your other 2 19" wheels.

You have to be careful with your 18" options. If the inner barrel isn't big enough, they won't clear your rear calipers. The Enkeis at a +38 will likely need a 3-5mm spacer depending on your tire choice and suspension setup.

Some on here showed me these:
Speedwell RS-1 Forged Race Wheel

I am going to looking to get lightweight 19x9.5 wheels in the spring.