Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looked through 67 pages of 92 pages of this thread. Didn't find photos of a white Model 3 with Bronze T-S5 wheels. I guess the combo looks bad? Specifically, if anyone has photos of 19x9 T-S5 in Bronze on a white performance 3 on stock suspension, I'd appreciate seeing how it all looks. Thanks!
You’re gonna be very hard press to find that exact car/wheel setup.

Reactions: gcmak
20191025_121738.jpg
These are ART Replika r241 turbines, 19x8.5 satin black. Price on these was only $880cdn for a set of 4! That's $665 us!

With Pirelli Cinturato P7plus mounted in 235/40r19 these are 0.6 pounds lighter each than the stock 18" Aeros plus Michelin tires (with the caps on).

[Tons of discussion in various threads about tires, but very little about 3rd-party wheels. So I figured I'd start a thread.]

For my winter setup I decided to buy a second set of wheels and TPMS sensors so I could do the changeover myself.

The TPMS sensors were easy: I found a set of four specifically intended for the Model 3 that are well-reviewed on Amazon for $119, here.

So now I just have to find a set of wheels. I really only care about two things when it comes to winter wheels: that they fit, and that they're cheap. I would honestly buy a set of $25 steel wheels if I could find them in the right size.

Discount Tire (which I've found to have generally lower prices than Tire Rack), has this list of 18" wheels compatible with the Model 3 (non-P).

The ones I'm looking at are:
Vision Cross II ($115, 28.2 lbs)
X Wheels ER-1 ($116, 25.4 lbs)
Liquid Metal Shift ($123, 26.4 lbs)
Velox Nirvana ($128, 28.0 lbs)

They all have the right bolt pattern and offset, sufficient load rating, and sufficient center bore (they're all 73.1mm center bores vs. the Model 3's 64.1mm bore).

The things I'm not sure about (which Discount Tire doesn't list) are backspacing and lug style. Discount Tire says these wheels "fit" the Model 3, but does that mean they have the same backspacing and lug style?

Any wisdom here (or comments on those wheels of any sort) is greatly appreciated!

Hi all,

For my winter setup I decided to buy a second set of wheels and TPMS sensors so I could do the changeover myself.

The TPMS sensors were easy: I found a set of four specifically intended for the Model 3 that are well-reviewed on Amazon for $119, here.

So now I just have to find a set of wheels. I really only care about two things when it comes to winter wheels: that they fit, and that they're cheap. I would honestly buy a set of $25 steel wheels if I could find them in the right size.

Discount Tire (which I've found to have generally lower prices than Tire Rack), has this list of 18" wheels compatible with the Model 3 (non-P).

They all have the right bolt pattern and offset, sufficient load rating, and sufficient center bore (they're all 73.1mm center bores vs. the Model 3's 64.1mm bore).

The things I'm not sure about (which Discount Tire doesn't list) are backspacing and lug style. Discount Tire says these wheels "fit" the Model 3, but does that mean they have the same backspacing and lug style?

Any wisdom here (or comments on those wheels of any sort) is greatly appreciated!

Hi all,

Make sure the wheel specs are similar to your stock size (8.5" wide, offset of 40), fit the wheel studs (14mm), have a hub bore that's compatible, and you'll be good to go.

So here's an interesting problem: My friend has tried to buy the Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS at several places today, but they won't sell her the tires because they say Tesla requires W speed rated tires on the Model 3 LR RWD. The P7 is V rated. W rated tires are good up to 168 mph, while V's are ONLY (snicker) rated to 149 mph which still higher than the maximum speed of 141 for the LR. Any ideas about how to get around this? This seem ridiculous to me and it also severely limits the selection of possible tires for the Model 3.

So here's an interesting problem. My friend has tried to buy the Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS at several places today, but they won't sell her the tires because they say Tesla requires W speed rated tires on the Model 3 LR RWD. The P7 is V rated. W rated tires are good up to 168 mph, while V's are ONLY (snicker) rated to 149 mph which still higher than the maximum speed of 141 for the LR. Any ideas about how to get around this? This seem ridiculous to me and it also severely limits the selection of possible tires for the Model 3.
Go to a different tire shop or bring only the wheels in to get the tires mounted (may not be practical for everyone but this is the maximum paranoia option that I do).

Go to a different tire shop or bring only the wheels in to get the tires mounted (may not be practical for everyone but this is the maximum paranoia option that I do).
She's been turned down by four shops so far. I think "a different shop" isn't going to cut it. It's just irritatingly frustrating. Dismounting all four wheels isn't really possible for her. I don't know what to do, grr... Anyway, I may this is just a PSA for anyone considering a different brand/types of tires for their Model 3.

The question I have is whether the database is incorrect. Maybe the capabilities of the performance model are playing havoc here? Aren't the LR RWD limited below 149? How does one get the database fixed? Wonder if Tesla could do this for us....
Well, the MXMM's are W rated tires and that's what comes stock on the car. I don't know how "the database" works. There is a place here where I live that shows the Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS + as an acceptable tire for the LR RWD. However, querying other tire store's databases shows it's not the right tire. At least I know where I'll try when my tires wear out, but I'm far from that.

The question I have is whether the database is incorrect. Maybe the capabilities of the performance model are playing havoc here? Aren't the LR RWD limited below 149? How does one get the database fixed? Wonder if Tesla could do this for us....
This problem is common for many vehicles. The label on the driver's door jamb usually matches the OEM tires fitted on the car, including the speed and load ratings. However, I just checked the Model 3 door jamb on our car and the owner's manual and there is no mention of the speed rating of the tires. Stranger yet is the lack of load rating for the tires. So, with the information missing from those places, it does make some sense for a tire retailer to limit sales to tires that meet or exceed the ratings of the OEM tires. In this case, 98 load rating and W speed rating. IMHO, taking a variance on the speed rating makes sense, especially in the USA where the speed limit is substantially lower than almost any tire speed rating.