Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have these to fit the performance?
I would have to double check on this but I believe the NT03RR will clear M3P brakes.
1623867596038.png

I can order these if you're interested.

Danny

Thanks for that.

There's too many sizing variables between aftermarket BBKs, so I can't say for certain.
For those who want to try it... be my guest. 😅

Did you ever mount your NT03s on your M3P? We tested it, and they won't clear the rear brakes radially.

Danny

Ultimately, it’ll be down to the height of the caliper. The Porsche 6 pots are slim!

No, not yet, it’s on the to-do list, but that‘s a bummer if they foul. I’ll have to look at machining down the calipers on my mill.

Reactions: MODEL+
Reactions: MODEL+
Hi All,

I’ll be taking delivery of my M3P sometime in July. I live in Chicagoland so the stock summer tires just won’t work. So I have a decision to make. I can immediately take off the stock pirelli tires, sell them, and buy some all seasons. Otherwise, I could sell the wheels and tires and buy a completely aftermarket setup. This would either be Martian wheels, forgestar, or perhaps t sport line. Likely would go down to 19s if I went this route.

what are all your thoughts on this? Are there also other brand wheels to consider? Seems like the options I’m mentioning are quite expensive. Any other good value brands to consider? Also note I want one set of wheels. Don’t want to mess with changing them out for summer and winter.

Thanks for all your input!!

Last edited:
245 are too skinny for 9.5. Very stretched. Go at least a 255
Yeah... it seems like such a variable thing. Some pictures I see they look pretty stretched (like yours) and others they seem to be fine. That is why I was wondering what tire, as some tires has more section width than others. I am looking at getting either FK510s or DWS06 plus, both of which seem to be relatively wide.

I was considering a 255/35 or 255/40, but with the 35 you decrease the diameter by a lot and increase the wheel gap too and since I am at stock height right now that is not something I want. and with the 40 it looks like it will rub or be very close to rubbing which I would want to avoid as well.

So that leaves me between 245/40 or 265/35, and with the 265 I will prob lose more range compared to the 245, but I am unsure what the difference is. If it is not that significant (~5%), I will just go with the 265.

Yeah... it seems like such a variable thing. Some pictures I see they look pretty stretched (like yours) and others they seem to be fine. That is why I was wondering what tire, as some tires has more section width than others. I am looking at getting either FK510s or DWS06 plus, both of which seem to be relatively wide.
Would you mind sharing photos you've come across with 245/40 on 9.5 wheels? I was in the same situation as you and I could not find any photos for reference on how they look stretched.