Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Agile plunge pricing predictions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has been a tough few weeks. Certainly if I'd been charging my car regularly/daily then Agile in Jan/Feb would've been wildly more expensive than Go. However, I've been charging very little, and so I'm still in the black (only just!) compared with Go: my last 28 days average has been 12.85p/kWh.

It has been a tough few weeks. Certainly if I'd been charging my car regularly/daily then Agile in Jan/Feb would've been wildly more expensive than Go. However, I've been charging very little, and so I'm still in the black (only just!) compared with Go: my last 28 days average has been 12.85p/kWh.

This is exactly my position, although I've just sold my unlimited SuC P100D and am getting a P3D, so the numbers will now change for me.

Yes moved from Agile, it was a bit of a nightmare getting anyone at Octopus to action my emails but eventually got onto Go Faster. Our Agile rates started at an average of under 8p at the best period, then crept up to around 12p, the last couple of months while we were trying to change was over 18p. We're back down to 10P on Go Faster and it's just a lot less hassle having the same off peak hours rather than checking times every day to try to optimise our usage.

I think the hassle factor is indeed the big thing that puts me off Agile.
I have battery storage so it’s just much easier to always fill them up at 5p during “Go o’clock”.
It’s a set it an forget it approach from which it would be difficult to make a much greater improvement.
I’ve always been on Octopus Go but had always assumed that maybe there’s some financial advantage to being on Agile... I knew it wouldn’t be much on my pattern of usage so didn’t do detailed comparisons. However since getting the Octopus Compare app it’s been easy to have a quick check from time to time. To my surprise I’ve been “quids in” sticking with Go as well as having a consistent charging period. Definitely looks like summer is a different story but not enough for the hassle it would bring me.

For the sake of science, I'm going to try the full Agile integration with the GivEnergy battery system to see what sort of numbers I can pull. By the sounds of it getting set up on Octopus's Agile + Export tariff takes an age, so it might be quite a while before there's anything to report. My solar is getting installed on Friday assuming they don't cancel it because of the stormy weather.

Reactions: ACarneiro
For the sake of science, I'm going to try the full Agile integration with the GivEnergy battery system to see what sort of numbers I can pull. By the sounds of it getting set up on Octopus's Agile + Export tariff takes an age, so it might be quite a while before there's anything to report. My solar is getting installed on Friday assuming they don't cancel it because of the stormy weather.
This is something that is not yet available with Tesla Powerwall (the system I have)
When it does (and I suspect eventually it will), I may consider Agile.
The thing is 5p/kWh supplemented by solar is already so cheap that we’re well into diminishing returns here.

Reactions: Dilly and Adopado
.....5p/kWh supplemented by solar is already so cheap that we’re well into diminishing returns here.
Exactly my experience. Last year I used Agile & spent very little beyond solar generation.

However on less sunny days our house batteries tended to be empty at some point during the night so this year I'm planning on remaining on Go Faster 02.30-06.30 (used through the winter) which gives greater flexibility. I have a feeling that overall cost could be lower.