Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Agile plunge pricing predictions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking likely at the weekend? High winds and lockdowns...

Not sure how to read the data yet for auction prices
Not according to Octopus Watch predictions at the moment...

SmartSelect_20201030-090819_Octopus Watch.jpg

2 weeks ago I was about to switch to GO for the winter months. I'd been tracking the costs of Agile vs Go and it was starting to sway in favour of the latter.

The last 10 days though have changed my mind. I'm spending 32% less on Agile compared to Go and think the lockdown, regardless of how windy it's going to be, will likely keep me on Agile for the rest of the year at least.

2 weeks ago I was about to switch to GO for the winter months. I'd been tracking the costs of Agile vs Go and it was starting to sway in favour of the latter.

The last 10 days though have changed my mind. I'm spending 32% less on Agile compared to Go and think the lockdown, regardless of how windy it's going to be, will likely keep me on Agile for the rest of the year at least.
Exactly my feeling. I went on the hunt to switch on their website and ended up getting distracted and didn’t get around to it. Potentially worked out well... we’ll see.

Reactions: Medved_77
Isn’t lockdown and people going back to WFH going to put more pressure on the grid? Or does the fact businesses would be closed have a greater effect?
I would have thought that more energy is consumed in industrial premises than at home. Retail with ac/heating non stop, fluorescent lights, restaurants, bars etc.

It won't be as pronounced as Lockdown 1.0 though as some workplaces will still remain open if WFH is not an option.

I don't have the data to back any of this up so it's just my assumptions.

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1 and Durzel
Well Agile is a pile of crap tomorrow that's for sure! (South West). Pretty much ~10p all day long, and 35p at the peaks.

I had naively thought I could charge my car in the early morning tonight, as it has been super cheap or negative the last couple of days. Grrr...

Well Agile is a pile of crap tomorrow that's for sure! (South West). Pretty much ~10p all day long, and 35p at the peaks.

I had naively thought I could charge my car in the early morning tonight, as it has been super cheap or negative the last couple of days. Grrr...
Ditto, went on a long drive and got back at 20%. Deliberately didn't stop at a supercharger as I thought I'd charge overnight. I think I might be able to hold out until tomorrow o_O.

God I love the uncertainty of Agile

A couple of coal plants that have been turned off for a fair time are being warmed up, ready to come on line today. In all probability this will push the price up, for those on Agile, as it looks like the cheap generators are struggling, and there will be a premium to pay to fire up offline coal plant, I'd guess.