Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension now a requirement for 6/7 seats? What about 75D orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting the SAS, is it worth getting the Tow package? I've never towed anything...ever.

Anyone know if the Tow/Accessories package can be added on later?

At $750, it seems like a relatively inexpensive option to have. The Tow Package itself can likely not be added later, as it is described as including structural reinforcements and other items that can not easily be retro-fitted.

At $750, it seems like a relatively inexpensive option to have. The Tow Package itself can likely not be added later, as it is described as including structural reinforcements and other items that can not easily be retro-fitted.

It's $1,050 here in Canada (considering the CAD and USD were at parity for years before the oil crisis, we're definitely getting the short end of the stick!)

This wasn't clear to me on the config page, but is the accessories hitch included as part of the tow package?

Can either be used to install something like a "carrier" that would traditionally be on top of the car for extra luggage, etc?

This is the very latest that my DS was able to scrounge up on Accessory Hitch vs Towing Package
"The vehicles that I have seen with the accessory hitch option are coming with the full tow package on the back. You are right that they can’t set it to tow mode on the screen, they also do not come with the connections for lights."

It means... just like Tesla has always been telling you: If you want to Tow.. you order the Tow Package. If you just want to mount accessories, order it with the Accessory Hitch. The difference going forward may only be the trailer wiring... and the "tow mode" in software.

Getting a free full "Tow Package" was just temporary, like the "free" Active Spoiler for non-P.

• Informative
Reactions: Roentgen and ssq
^Can you explain what that means? Should I just get the accessories package? $300 vs $1050
LOL. I did explain it as best I could with the information given ;) It's clear as mud!
I am having my DS check to see if I can upgrade to Tow Package and waive the $500 change fee since there is so much uncertainly about what the Accessory Hitch will actually be. My car will go into production in first week of June.

LOL. I did explain it as best I could with the information given ;) It's clear as mud!
I am having my DS check to see if I can upgrade to Tow Package and waive the $500 change fee since there is so much uncertainly about what the Accessory Hitch will actually be. My car will go into production in first week of June.
I love your confidence about your production week.
I hope you're right.
I hope we're all right.
I'm also hoping for rainbows and unicorns.l!!

Ok. I might have had an after dinner drink or 2. Just hoping to get my X soon. Had to vent.

• Funny
Reactions: systemcrashed
^Can you explain what that means? Should I just get the accessories package? $300 vs $1050

I did the tow package. I can now easily rent jet skis and atvs with a trailer without having the need to own them.

Also can haul anything I don't want inside the X. Worth it even for resale as its fairly a cheap useful upgrade. The abundance of 5 seaters with coil will not have this feature so there will be a difference in price when time to sell.

Accessory hitch and tow hitch can install cargo carriers so the option Is there for both.

Cargo carriers would be the preferred way to travel if you can as you're not towing anything so it's easier and you can drive faster (I think).

I'd rather have best of both worlds if I'm doing sas and a hitch. If I have my X packed, extra storage is surely welcome.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    635 KB · Views: 54
I agree, I added tow package. I definitely think it is worth it to have on an SUV and for resale. Given the deal from Tesla we are getting SAS+Tow for cheaper than the SAS alone. In the end, the only options I didn't get was the premium package (Cost and worries about that automatic door) and the subzero package (front seats can be heated and I live in Florida). As to delivery, I hope they actually make July. No change to MyTesla yet.

I finally caved today. I don't really care when I get the car since it's my wife's car, but she really wants it asap. Upgraded to SAS for $1250, added accessory hitch for $200, and upgraded to 22 inch silver turbine wheels for $4500. I know it's not really like I saved $1000 on the wheels, but I'm gonna look at it that way to make myself feel better. Was told everything will be updated sometime next week and delivery will be in July for what that's worth.

I finally caved today. I don't really care when I get the car since it's my wife's car, but she really wants it asap. Upgraded to SAS for $1250, added accessory hitch for $200, and upgraded to 22 inch silver turbine wheels for $4500. I know it's not really like I saved $1000 on the wheels, but I'm gonna look at it that way to make myself feel better. Was told everything will be updated sometime next week and delivery will be in July for what that's worth.

WOW...they gave you the 22" at the old $4,500 price? That was generous.

I thought so too, but then again, I did just raise their revenue by $5950. Plus I'll probably end up getting the extended warranty just for the SAS. Another $4000. It's clear who the winner is here.
I hope it is $4000 for the warranty. I don't think they announced the price yet. I would scoop it up whatever it is. I got my extended warrenty for my S at $2500. It's a steal compared to now.

Got the Tow Hitch as well for $200, my rep suggested that was the best way to go if I never have any intention to tow.