Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension now a requirement for 6/7 seats? What about 75D orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HAHA...I know.

BLACK!!! (not the sparkly one...just the regular BLACK)

I told myself I would never own a black car after my Acura about 4 years ago.....oh well. It just looks so sleek when it's clean. Probably going to have to get that Opti-Coat people talk about or pay for a weekly clean service. Not sure yet.

How about you. Whatcha got? If it's black I'm going to wonder if you're just my split personality posting online!

75d gratis / white interior (wife was vetoed, we have black interior on everything)/
black headliner (wanted a unique experience and we have tan headliner on the S so we opted for everything black but the seats/
-6 seats/
-sas/
-tow pkg
-20" wheels I intend on ulgrading later buying used 22" from someone who realizes it's more work than needed. That way I can have two sets of wheels with my 20s free.
-upgraded carbon ceramic loofah textured sunshade.

I'm going to do the opticoat but will definitely do the wrap at least on the front. I might try to do the opticoat in my garage as I like DIY jobs sometimes.

What did I forget? Hmm... Oh yes the X color is flat blayeah and not the obsidian black. I have a black model S so I wanted to keep with the program.

Maybe I have Dissociative identity disorder and this whole thread is all just me. Perhaps I ordered multiple X's too.

Last edited:
What can you do?...Nothing!

Yep, there's already a post on Tesla forum about another delay. A reservation order was expecting 5/23 delivery last week and was inform of the following from his DS today:

"I wanted to let you know that we have experienced a shift in production of all Model X. We will be producing the car in the second week of June. Delivery is predicted for the end of June."

Yes, I had to re-read that twice... it says "shift" and not the other word you were thinking of.

75d gratis / white interior (wife was vetoed, we have black interior on everything)/
black headliner (wanted a unique experience and we have tan headliner on the S so we opted for everything black but the seats/
-6 seats/
-sas/
-tow pkg
-20" wheels I intend on ulgrading later buying used 22" from someone who realizes it's more work than needed. That way I can have two sets of wheels with my 20s free.
-upgraded carbon ceramic loofah textured sunshade.

I'm going to do the opticoat but will definitely do the wrap at least on the front. I might try to do the opticoat in my garage as I like DIY jobs sometimes.

What did I forget? Hmm... Oh yes the X color is flat blayeah and not the obsidian black. I have a black model S so I wanted to keep with the program.

Maybe I have Dissociative identity disorder and this whole thread is all just me. Perhaps I ordered multiple X's too.

"Dissociative identity disorder" That sounds like something I've been diagnosed with.......

I'd be bummed out...but I kinda wanted the tow package and SAS. I just didn't want to pay the price.

Everyday past today that I don't have the X....well you know.

I snickered on that one as I also didn't want to add it because I didn't want to pay the price. The only thing I'm praying for is the auto leveling spoiler. If I get that I'm a happy man.

I have the upgraded sound and air suspension on my S and love it. Didn't opt for the air suspension on the X but at half off, I can't resist, I certainly want MECHATTS Darth Oreo To kneel before I get in.

I snickered on that one as I also didn't want to add it because I didn't want to pay the price. The only thing I'm praying for is the auto leveling spoiler. If I get that I'm a happy man.

I have the upgraded sound and air suspension on my S and love it. Didn't opt for the air suspension on the X but at half off, I can't resist, I certainly want MECHATTS Darth Oreo To kneel before I get in.
I was told today at the test drive that the 75D will have an active spoiler that goes UP/Down and nothing in between (the 90D and performance ones perhaps have another 45 degree position at high speeds). This was a store Rep so take this with a grain of salt. As expected, we Tesla-cult-O-bros know orders of magnitudes more than any Tesla staff. I was able to demo her a dozen things she did not know and call out every easter egg feature before she even started showing them (plus show her rainbow cowbells).
I don't have my car and have only test driven the X twice....
In other words, I don't have a life..:(

I did not opt for upgraded sound although I love music. My collection is an aging set of songs burnt when I was in college plus I listen to radio(NPR) so I thought it's not worth the extra cost.

• Informative
Reactions: mlouie23
I will cry like a kid without a candy, complain about the boo-boo Tesla gave me to Musk on Twitter and then whine about it for days here on TMC and keep you all company.

I did exactly that with the 90D and he responded but it is unfortunate it has to come down to that. Moreover I got another delay shortly after his response.

So...for those that changed from coil to SAS to get expedited delivery...what will you do if the delivery doesn't actually occur in June/July?

I thought by now everyone should already familiar with this. this is what Tesla do, they always delay delivery dates.

Upgrade to SAS and you will get the car early?! I can't believe you guys fall for that crap. that's what they told those poor people who upgraded from 70D to 90D, how many of those people get the car? If you really wanted SAS but can't "justify" the price then, now is a good time, go for it. but if you just want an early delivery I don't think Tesla is gonna keep their promise.

My point is: if you need SAS go for it. If you don't need it don't pay for it for an early delivery, don't give your hard earned money to someone that has a record of can't keep his promises.

Reactions: beths11
ok guys...18 pages of comments and I still need answer to --.>. "do I buy air or not?" don't have but two of us, not in need of 7 seats. home turf is flat, but don't plan on staying home for next 10 years.

You would need to test-drive a Model S with coils and another one with SAS so you can judge for yourself. Some of us prefer the coil ride characteristics and others worry about potential repairs. But SAS will be very handy if you've got high graded driveways or want a more comfortable ride on the highways.

Yep, there's already a post on Tesla forum about another delay. A reservation order was expecting 5/23 delivery last week and was inform of the following from his DS today:

"I wanted to let you know that we have experienced a shift in production of all Model X. We will be producing the car in the second week of June. Delivery is predicted for the end of June."

Yes, I had to re-read that twice... it says "shift" and not the other word you were thinking of.

I don't understand how the Tesla website can have June delivery for new 90 orders and July delivery for 75 orders if production slots until mid June are all taken wth delivery by the end. Someone on another forum also said they car was supposed to be produced at the end of May then was shifted 3 weeks until the middle of June. This may be wishful thinking, but do you think it's possible that they are shifting to accommodate us at least partly for delivery pusposes? I just don't get how a delivery date of June for new orders is still possible if people who already have VINs are already getting pushed to mid June for production and end of June delivery...

If I was Tesla and Elon I'd want to make and deliver as many before end of quarter, which (if you have all the 75D in the queue) would mean producing 75Ds and 90D's slated for the East coast first, that way they get there before end of June quarter, then finish the West coast ones before June 30 to have those delivered also because they dont have far to travel. So if there are a few thousand people left with 90's, maybe they are pushing the West coast 90's back to mid June? Do you think there could be a partial shift to make this model? (Ignoring the fact that I may be biased because I'm an East coast 75D, but it really would make sense.....)

just a wild guess...there is a supplier that has a box of fritenjammers past due. Tesla has a bunch of cars waiting on this part and all will be done quickly upon arrival of that box.
Yeah, that's my thought. They're stacking up cars that are all ready save that one item, and when they come in it will be a mad rush to install said part, test, and then ship off to customers (or deliver at the factory.)

Got call. I upgraded, I think it was worth it to get SAS and tow package for $2000 given that SAS alone was $2500. I had an original order where the accessory hitch was free. Was told probably July/August delivery and production line was optimized for SAS. You never know when you may need to tow a trailer or need heavy duty hitch.

Reactions: ohmman