Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension now a requirement for 6/7 seats? What about 75D orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the call from my DS just now and was able to add Air and the Towing Package for a flat $2k. Production team gave an estimate of July for factory delivery. I originally confirmed my reservation on December 9th, and was hoping to squeak into a June delivery, but it sounds like that's not going to happen. At this point, I don't expect any 75D deliveries in Q2.

• Informative
Reactions: ssq
@K-MTG everyone always jokes/comments about this "sunshade" but I'm newer to the forums and can't fully figure out what everyone jokes about. Just curious what it's all about, can you fill me in captain? :)

Well it began shortly after the Model X reveal where Elon brought up the panoramic windshield. I for one questioned the tint level of this windshield and posted on both forums, here and Tesla's own forum (which I rarely check as I perfect the ease of use on TMC). This was perhaps my first post on TMC! So I continued to request insight regarding the need for a sunshade and eventually received a response from Elon stating that a sunshade would be provided with each car. As deliveries began to occur, I began to ask those who took delivery (it goes something like this) "Congrats! Did you get a sunshade? Is the tint on the panoramic windshield and skylights on the FWD adequate?". So overtime I began to pursue my mission in asking this question and soon several forum members began to recognize my <Insert Verb> for sunshades. From their onwards @ohmman bestowed my title as "Captain Sunshade" and the name has become a part of my identity, my soul, MyTesla.

I patiently await for my X but more importantly my sunshade. Tesla initially provided a small batch of owners with a sunshade but are now redesigning a sunshade so I hope to receive my sunshade soon!

Reactions: ssq
I'm waiting for the memory foam option instead of coils... seriously, I hope everyone gets their Model Xs this summer/fall. I'd love to see one of you drive by with the one wing up salute.

I'd love to start reading posts about how everyone is now enjoying their 75Ds and laugh about when we were all worried about VIN assignments and ha, that sunshade.

Reactions: mlouie23
I'm waiting for the memory foam option instead of coils... seriously, I hope everyone gets their Model Xs this summer/fall. I'd love to see one of you drive by with the one wing up salute.

I'd love to start reading posts about how everyone is now enjoying their 75Ds and laugh about when we were all worried about VIN assignments and ha, that sunshade.

I went through the same thing with my MS. As soon as you get the car you're too busy to even visit the message boards. Too busy reading the manual, playing with the car, messing around with all the cool features, etc. etc. It's like Christmas when you were a kid. Doesn't happen that much when you're an adult so enjoy.

Reactions: mlouie23
I went through the same thing with my MS. As soon as you get the car you're too busy to even visit the message boards. Too busy reading the manual, playing with the car, messing around with all the cool features, etc. etc. It's like Christmas when you were a kid. Doesn't happen that much when you're an adult so enjoy.

Once I get my sunshade I will be offline for a while

I still have not been called. I did go to test drive the X today and checked out SAS. While I still have no need for it I will get it given the price and the possible "shabang" effect plus improved handling n efficiency at low settings.

I still have not been called. I did go to test drive the X today and checked out SAS. While I still have no need for it I will get it given the price and the possible "shabang" effect plus improved handling n efficiency at low settings.

Are you doing the hitch and tow? Remember that storage isn't that much with all seats being used. Go call the inside sales team.

Yeah...I hit the quote button once before and messed everything up...Now I get how this reply thing works so thanks.

Too funny about our similar trips. I'm hoping we get the call sooner and we are one of the first 75D pickups since we are getting them at the factory. Maybe we'll run into each other.

Too bad you aren't getting autopilot. The new "Tesla Tether" allows for us to drive bumper to bumper as long as the 2 autopilots are talking. Saves on electrons since the back one is "drafting" the whole time!! HAHA

Here is my specs:
75D (original 70D of course) SAS (with discount) PUP (cuz I'm lazy about opening my own doors) tow package (eh...what's $550 for something I don't need now but maybe do later but doubt it) Autopilot (sooooo much fun, but you can download it later without paying taxes on it for the life of the car so why not) 6 seats (nice and roomy) Figured ash décor (looked nice on the one we test drove) Tan interior (my wife was tired of always getting black...I really wanted white but got vetoed) Black headliner (less likely to get stained by kids fingers, 22" turbine (the look is amazing. Saved $1000 by ordering early) hmmmmmmm...what did I miss?

You missed what I asked... The color of your X ;)

You missed what I asked... The color of your X ;)

HAHA...I know.

BLACK!!! (not the sparkly one...just the regular BLACK)

I told myself I would never own a black car after my Acura about 4 years ago.....oh well. It just looks so sleek when it's clean. Probably going to have to get that Opti-Coat people talk about or pay for a weekly clean service. Not sure yet.

How about you. Whatcha got? If it's black I'm going to wonder if you're just my split personality posting online!

@ssq The tow hitch is $750 but if you "paid" the accessory hitch, then that's $200 off the $750 which is the math that @DuplexDianne is showing above.

Some of us got the accessory hitch for free when we confirmed our early reservations so not sure if that applies in your case.

Out of all the free or discounted stuff I got...that's the one I missed!!! DANGIT!!

$1,000 off the 22" turbines
1/2 off the SAS
Free 75D upgrade
Ability to get the tow package

Overall...not bad. But that $200 loss is going to haunt me!!