Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension now a requirement for 6/7 seats? What about 75D orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Patience young Grasshoppers...
So I checked out the SAS on the X at the local gallery today. I hadn't looked into before, so I wanted to see if for myself before finalizing my decision to upgrade...I also checked out the autopark/parallel park feature...this was my 3rd test drive. Really should have a checklist with me, LOL.

You can really tell the difference between the lowest level setting and the highest level. There is a marked difference in the height. Seems like more than two inches...which is a figure I recall seeing in another post. The lowest setting almost feels like getting into the S.

I asked him about whether the spoiler on the 75D was an active spoiler or not. He said they just had a meeting where they discussed it. It will be either up or down, and it will not speed adjust. Earlier cars may have had this feature (fixable with software??) but going forward they will not. It has something to do with the 3rd brake light needing to be at a certain height at all times. Makes sense.

So I will be calling inside sales to finalize my upgrade. No more hemming and hawing. Biting the bullet. What's another $1,800 in the big scheme of things.

Got call. I upgraded, I think it was worth it to get SAS and tow package for $2000 given that SAS alone was $2500. I had an original order where the accessory hitch was free. Was told probably July/August delivery and production line was optimized for SAS. You never know when you may need to tow a trailer or need heavy duty hitch.

@tropical1 what's your Model X configuration? Premium package etc? I'm just wondering because everyone else has been told June/July or just July delivery even for east coast... Doesn't seem fair to you.....

I made the call and I was about to get the call the same day(per the rep). I am upgrading to SAS and Towing package too (had tow hitch in original order). I am also changing my exterior color and interior trim and possibly the charger to 72 Amp.
They are pretty confident of meeting the July delivery post this change.

I just got the call from "Michael" at Tesla. Did the SAS upgrade and switch from accessory hitch to the tow package for $1,800. He didn't need a decision from me until next Wednesday, but I committed on the call.

I was told to expect delivery in July. I reminded him that I am on the East Coast (Maryland), and he reiterated that it would still be a July delivery.

I asked when to expect a VIN assignment, and he directed me to my DS to answer that question.

He said the the order agreement will be updated next week.

My reasons I accepted the charge and order change are:
- I do a lot of home improvement work myself, I and towing construction materials in a rented trailer will be easier than renting an entire truck.
-
- I reserved in 2014 in preparation for the arrival of our third child in 2016 and the outgrowth of our current Prius. Child three will be here next week.

• Informative
Reactions: ssq
  • I do a lot of home improvement work myself, I and towing construction materials in a rented trailer will be easier than renting an entire truck.

• I reserved in 2014 in preparation for the arrival of our third child in 2016 and the outgrowth of our current Prius. Child three will be here next week.
I missed reason two when I went back to grab Ohmann's username and posted pre-maturely:
  • I agree with Ohmman's reasoning about the increased value of the vehicle with the tow package at this price point.
  • In for a penny, in for a pound.

• Informative
Reactions: ssq
I have considered ordering a MX90D but since Tesla has made the Air Suspension standard, I will not order it unless they put the standard suspension on it. I will not want to pay the extra $2,500 for an option I do not want. When Air Suspension fails can be VERY expensive to repair. I currently have a MS85D without Air Suspension and I am very satisfied with it.

@felddy thanks for the info. Just wondering, what's your car configuration? Premium package etc? Yay at least it's not September :)

I'd put my order info in my sig, but I guess I'm not allowed until I spam a certain number of posts out:

It was:
Model X 75D, 7-Seat, Auto-pilot, Premium Upgrade Package, Coil Suspension, Accessory Hitch, ...

Changed to:
Model X 75D, 7-Seat, Auto-pilot, Premium Upgrade Package, Smart Air Suspension, Towing Package ...

- I reserved in 2014 in preparation for the arrival of our third child in 2016 and the outgrowth of our current Prius. Child three will be here next week.

I'm right there with you - 3rd is due June 22nd. My wife gives me the eyes every time I tell someone with excitement that my baby might be here as early as June....she chimes in "he's talking about his car". I suppose it is a bit sad I show more excitement about the X, but hey, I'll have 3 girls shortly, a guy's gotta have something with even a hint of masculinity to look forward to.

• Funny
Reactions: ssq and jason1466
I just spoke with Tesla inside sales. I called to discuss making a few additional changes to the SAS I added on Monday. During the conversation, my contacted indicated that they are finalizing 75D configurations that have changed to SAS today. I should expect to see it hit my design spec by next Friday although internally the change will be considered final. They expect to start assigning VINs soon with 75D production beginning in a couple of weeks and first deliveries of July. Not sure how accurate this information is but I probed and the person seem confident in their information.

I just got the call from "Michael" at Tesla. Did the SAS upgrade and switch from accessory hitch to the tow package for $1,800. He didn't need a decision from me until next Wednesday, but I committed on the call.

I was told to expect delivery in July. I reminded him that I am on the East Coast (Maryland), and he reiterated that it would still be a July delivery.

I asked when to expect a VIN assignment, and he directed me to my DS to answer that question.

He said the the order agreement will be updated next week.

- I do a lot of home improvement work myself, I and towing construction materials in a rented trailer will be easier than renting an entire truck.
-

what does your DS say about the VIN assignment?

For anyone considering 'other' changes along with SAS upgrade - they were able to give me what the original price would have been at the time of order. I first saw this when I added 72amp and it priced at $1,000 instead of the new $1,500. I also just added the accessory hitch and it was $0 instead of $200. Not sure this helps anyone but thought I would share.

On an unrelated note I just noticed design studio states the 72amp can be enabled after delivery for $1,900. I might have left it off as I got it 'just in case' anyway. Oh well.

Got the call! I guess as of Today Canadian Model X's are getting the same offer $1750 CAD instead of $3500 for the SAS

For anyone considering 'other' changes along with SAS upgrade - they were able to give me what the original price would have been at the time of order. I first saw this when I added 72amp and it priced at $1,000 instead of the new $1,500. I also just added the accessory hitch and it was $0 instead of $200. Not sure this helps anyone but thought I would share.

On an unrelated note I just noticed design studio states the 72amp can be enabled after delivery for $1,900. I might have left it off as I got it 'just in case' anyway. Oh well.

Asked about these, but they were showing up at full price ($300 CAD for the accessories hitch)