Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alerts PM_w041_dasMIA & APS_w134_appMia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have these ones:
  • PM_w041_dasMIA -- Pedal Monitor Warning: DAS CAN node is missing.
  • THC_d0021_RCCMActuator -- Cabin climate control requires service
  • THC_w0197_RCCMIntakeAct
I believe the THC_d0021_RCCMActuator one is because my tri-cameras behind the rear-view mirror were just replaced and perhaps there is a disconnection w/the thermistor / temp. sensor (as in this post).

Exact same error codes I have on my MS. Any luck getting it sorted?
Tesla said it wasn’t anything to worry about. Though I broke my leg and had to cancel the service appointment before they could physically see the car. Their input was based on remote scan.

I’ll wait until I can walk again and then make an appointment for annual service and get it looked at then.

Reactions: Boza
The Tesla error PM_w041_dasMIA Pedal Monitor Warning DAS CAN node is missing means that the car's Pedal Monitor is not receiving data from the CAN (Controller Area Network) bus. This can be caused by a number of things, including a faulty CAN bus, a faulty Pedal Monitor, or a loose connection between the two. If you see this error, you should take your car to a Tesla service center for diagnosis and repair.
Here are some possible causes of the error:
  • A faulty CAN bus. The CAN bus is a network that connects all of the car's electronic components. If the CAN bus is faulty, it can prevent the Pedal Monitor from receiving data from other components, such as the accelerator pedal.
  • A faulty Pedal Monitor. The Pedal Monitor is a sensor that measures the position of the accelerator pedal. If the Pedal Monitor is faulty, it can send incorrect data to the car's computer, which can lead to a variety of problems, including the error PM_w041_dasMIA.
  • A loose connection between the Pedal Monitor and the CAN bus. If the connection between the Pedal Monitor and the CAN bus is loose, it can prevent the Pedal Monitor from receiving data from the CAN bus.
If you see the error PM_w041_dasMIA, you should take your car to a Tesla service center for diagnosis and repair. The service center will be able to test the CAN bus, the Pedal Monitor, and the connection between the two to determine the cause of the error and make the necessary repairs.

The Tesla error APS_w134_appMia means that the car's Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) system has detected a fault. This can be caused by a number of things, including a faulty AEB sensor, a faulty AEB control unit, or a loose connection between the two. If you see this error, you should take your car to a Tesla service center for diagnosis and repair.

Here are some possible causes of the error:

• A faulty AEB sensor. The AEB sensor is a sensor that detects objects in front of the car. If the AEB sensor is faulty, it can send incorrect data to the car's computer, which can lead to a variety of problems, including the error APS_w134_appMia.
  • A faulty AEB control unit. The AEB control unit is a computer that controls the AEB system. If the AEB control unit is faulty, it can prevent the AEB system from working properly.
  • A loose connection between the AEB sensor and the AEB control unit. If the connection between the AEB sensor and the AEB control unit is loose, it can prevent the AEB system from working properly.
If you see the error APS_w134_appMia, you should take your car to a Tesla service center for diagnosis and repair. The service center will be able to test the AEB sensor, the AEB control unit, and the connection between the two to determine the cause of the error and make the necessary repairs.

Hey @markn455 that's great info thank you so much! I'll check to see if my car is still throwing these errors. I do have a CAN interface inline on my system that controls my LED light bar. Makes me wonder if that could be interfering....

For example, one thing that I lost when I installed my light bar was auto-high beams. That doesn't bother me too much because I didn't feel like that feature worked all that well anyhow. And now that I have a lazer beam on the front of my car I want to control it manually to keep from blinding people. It could be that the CAN bus designer purposefully disabled it for that very reason...

Reactions: markn455