Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALL Cameras Stopped Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3P has the 2019.8.5 software and about 5 days ago my Rear Facing Camera was blacked out. This occasionally happened but this time it didn’t fix itself or even by resetting the car. Later that day I noticed the AP and TACC also was not working. After further examinations the display was also not projecting cars that were around me. I had spoken with Service, chatted online with customer service online and neither can figure it out even after multiple resets, power downs and a few hours of them digging through it remotely. I have a service appointment set for next Wednesday. Has anyone had these issues? We’re you able to fix it yourself? Any help would be appreciated.

An issue with a single camera (perhaps with the exception of the rear camera) can knock out the entire driver assistance software suite. No auto high beams, no AP, no TACC, no traffic visualizations, etc.

Tesla should be able to diagnose the problem pretty quickly.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
I just noticed the same thing this afternoon on my LR RWD. No lanes, cars, or speed on the screen (did not try turning on AP). Also noticed that the headlights were on in broad daylight. Will try the reset after dinner. On software 8.6.1 that was just pushed to my car on Thursday 4/18.

My M3P has the 2019.8.5 software and about 5 days ago my Rear Facing Camera was blacked out. This occasionally happened but this time it didn’t fix itself or even by resetting the car. Later that day I noticed the AP and TACC also was not working. After further examinations the display was also not projecting cars that were around me. I had spoken with Service, chatted online with customer service online and neither can figure it out even after multiple resets, power downs and a few hours of them digging through it remotely. I have a service appointment set for next Wednesday. Has anyone had these issues? We’re you able to fix it yourself? Any help would be appreciated.

Good afternoon. After reading your post I realized that I am experiencing the same problems as you are. Not sure if you've found a fix to it yet, but my problems began Monday July 15th.
Starting with my autopilot/cruise control not working, unable to see the vehicles or Lanes around me.
Headlights on all day long regardless of day or night
Sentry mode not working due to error.
All of the above alone point to problems with the cameras. The only camera functioning properly is the rear camera.
I also noticed that the passenger side vanity mirror light is not working properly. The light to the left of the mirror doesn't turn on and the one on the right if the mirror is dimly lit when opening up the mirror cover.

I've trying toggling on and off autopilot
I've tried turning off sentry mode - just as one YouTuber had suggested, to no avail.
I have even rebooted the system 3 or 4 times.
I have a service appointment August 9. But that's more then 2 weeks away.
I'm running version 2019.20.4.4 edb5360

Any suggestions?

You neglected to mention removing the SD card before rebooting, sleeping, etc.

Yeah, I took out the USB stick for a day or two. Turn off Sentry, leave it off for awhile and reboot, let the car sleep with good wifi access overnight and most people’s AP returns.

If yours doesn’t you may have a hardware problem. Then a Tesla Service is needed.

Had same issue this morning. Tried rebooting and nothing was working. Once I arrived at work, I removed the USB drive and let the car sit powered off for about 30 minutes. When I returned to the car, all of the cameras were functioning again. I believe it was probably a corruption with Sentry mode on the flash drive.

• Informative
Reactions: Thp3
Mobile service came back

Replaced the driver side repeater. Working fine now.

He said 7000 vins went out with faulty cameras FYI.

Mine was one of them - passenger side rear-facing camera under the chrome trim had to be replaced. Took 2 weeks to get the camera. Don't think it was camera related, but my car also has once decided to emergency brake with no obstruction in the way (not on AP, which wasn't functional on account of the bad camera) - my wife was driving at low speed when it happened and still almost got rear-ended. Tesla indicates that this is not a defect.