Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All "gassed up" and ready to go...camping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To paraphrase the Fifth Dimension - Up, up, and away in my beautiful, my beautiful, Tesla...We are heading up the Oregon coast for some camping fun. It is great to note that so many of us are doing this these days.
DSC_2734.JPG
DSC_2736.JPG

Is that a weight equalizing hitch? If so, be careful. The stock Bosal receiver is not rated for them. Check out @ohmman 's thread for the results.
We replaced the stock Bosal hitch with a Draw-Tite hitch last year after failure of two Bosal hitches. I do hope future Tesla's have more robust hitches than the Bosals. We are happy with our equalizer hitch as it is rock solid around sway issues in every kind of weather condition while traveling. When we first bought our trailer there was no guidance about hitches from Tesla, and the failures of the Bosal hitch setup led to more guidance from Tesla. Ohmman first put on a Draw-Tite hitch and proved the concept, and we followed his lead, and are quite happy with it. I love pulling the trailer with our Tesla. Crescent City and beyond, here we come!