Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • TMC Podcast is streaming live right now. You can watch and particpate in the live chat on YouTube. We are talking about what's next for FSD, Enhanced Autopilot, and much more.

All model 3 owners check your indicator lights

If you have a burnt out LED turn signal you will not get the quick flashing of the left (or right turn) arrow on your screen as with all ICE cars. I noticed I had a burnt out front turn signal light not working by visually checking the front of the car. The problem is that it can’t be replaced. Tesla service said I have to replace the whole headlight on my 2018 Model 3 with 86,000 km. The cost to replace is $1500 for an LED which probably costs 10 cents. Has anyone else had this problem? Before you say no, visually check. Pretty sad that they are designed this way.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlThompson

TomT

Technical Maven
Mar 24, 2014
NE Georgia
If you have a burnt out LED turn signal you will not get the quick flashing of the left (or right turn) arrow on your screen as with all ICE cars.
Actually, few cars with LED bulbs do the quick flash these days. It has to do with the problem of sensing the very small current through the bulb on an LED. Plus, they figure that they are not normally going to burn out.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC